Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

5000 boxes may sell out fairly quickly. The Black Sabbath colored vinyl box was limited to 3500, and that sold out very quickly. They did a second run of (unnumbered but reportedly limited to 3000) boxes and those have basically sold out as well, although you can probably still find one. Similar to the Stones situation, there was a previous box done just a few years earlier containing the same albums on black vinyl.

So, don’t be surprised if it sells out. And if it does sell out, don’t be that surprised if there is a repress.

OldSoul likes this.
  2. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

No. I don't need this box set. I've heard and own the latest Sticky Fingers lp. It was good but nothing beats the clarity and punch of the original. Same with Exile. I have all originals up to Steel Wheels and for the Eighties albums, the cd usually sounds better to me on my system. I don't need Voodoo Lounge, Bridges, or Bigger Bang on Vinyl. Nor do I need Stripped. This is nice, but not necessarily essential.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  3. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Trouble is, Sticky Fingers and Exile are both brand new cuts - especially in the case of Exile - it is assumed that this time around the right source was used, i.e. a flat transfer and not the Marcussen 2010 compressed digital master used for the 2016 half-speed.

I too, don't want the box, I would only be interested in the albums up to Some Girls - and feel a bit narked that I wasted money on both the 2010 and 2016 Exile, and the last vinyl issues of Sticky and Some Girls that weren't all that great either...

John Grimes and Turntable like this.
  4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Is your Stones vinyl box order still showing a 6/15 delivery date?

5. Mine is.

After 6 weeks as a pre order , canceling any of the low priced orders would be pretty tacky at this point

6. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

Mine is still scheduled for 6/15 and still at $179.98 from amazon.

Carl80, ssmith3046 and vinylbeat like this.
  7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Still hanging in there. Let’s hope Amazon packs it well.

8. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

I have this on pre order but really wish there were more previews out there of the actual content. I already have the SHM SACDs so for me this more about getting really nice vinyl copies.

However, this being Universal it's more likely we'll see poorly scanned artwork, washed out covers, bar codes on the back, pressed at GZ vinyl....

Tommyboy likes this.
  9. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

It will be pressed at MPO I read somewhere

10. I’d guess that the box set will have it’s own custom outer shipping box. This will be a huge heavy set and I’d guess it will be packed more like the Beatles boxes.

Carl80, Further, Turbo2k and 3 others like this.
  11. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Yes...... still shows arriving Friday 6/15.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I’m on the fence. Im not crazy about their albums post Exile.

The current Amazon US price is $413. I’m not buying this box at that price.

John Grimes likes this.
  13. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Collector’s choice. $317.

JUNE20 = 20% off $50+ orders, expires July 31

14. Further

Further Forum Resident

I'm one of the lucky ones, so I already know this box will be worth what I've paid.

That being said, I am starting to get really excited about a whole box full of Stones albums potentially done right with fantastic sound showing up at my door and sitting down with a few beers and assorted refreshments to start working my way through it.

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews from you guys since mine has to travel to Canada and I'll be getting it a bit later than the rest of you.

MRamble likes this.
  15. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Did Amazon ever reply to you?

16. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I ordered my box a couple of weeks ago and it's still saying "Delivery Date Pending," which is a bit worrisome.

17. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It’s selling out already, sold out on the stones U.K. store and u music , defo limited to 5000.

I hope so, im concerned how it might be packed because it’s sold out on the Stones site so if it doesn’t arrive right I won’t be able to request a replacement, fingers crossed.

18. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

No.

19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Amazon down to $399. now for the set

Tommyboy likes this.
  20. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Amen. Don't believe the hype...

mick_sh likes this.
  21. OldSoul

Wow, that made my total quite a bit cheaper. Guess that's also a good sign that I will get my set this weekend, despite the delivery date pending. :righton:

22. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Wasn’t it $413 all along?

tinnox likes this.
  23. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Yes it was

24. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

25. OldSoul

Looks like the limited edition became a bit less limited.

Jam757 and mestreech like this.