Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Would be great if someone finds an early un boxing vid to have a look.

ssmith3046, vinylbeat and xfilian like this.
  2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Mine won't show up until Tuesday so I'm looking forward to hearing reviews from those lucky members who'll be receiving theirs.

btltez likes this.
  3. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

4. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Was just reading the Rolling Stone interview post on this release and am I reading this correctly, these are from a digital source?

5. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Yes apparently from a high-resolution digital Source direct from the analog tapes. Not sure if this is typical standard of operation...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Same guy who did the ill received half speed EOMS?...….wth?:rolleyes:
    No Love You Live?:thumbsdow

7. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Finished the article...he did not want to use the original tapes because he said he did not want to be the one that damaged them beyond repair...said the tape used in the 70's and 80's wears out much faster than tape used in the 60's...

MRamble likes this.
  8. mrclick

mrclick Forum Resident

My box arrived half an hour ago. First point to make is it's number 10,779. Next point is it's a really nice box/package, just like the photo.

I'll play it a bit and get back........

btltez, Goldy, Carl80 and 12 others like this.
  9. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

See here on this topic, where Miles explains a bit more on his method and why the box version of EOMS will sound differently (better) than the last version of EOMS, where he was forced to use another source Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

superstar19 likes this.
  10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Limited to 5000 units and you got #10.799 ?????

Jam757, btltez, OldSoul and 2 others like this.
  11. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

MRamble likes this.
  12. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Just got my box and it looks really nice. The LP covers look like they've been done with some care (don't have originals on hand, so...), and each are in a resealable outer sleeve. Looks like they also used poly-lined inners for each. I'll try and post a few pics later today.

One thing that worries me is that mine is missing the download card. Not sure if that's just a mistake on someone's part for forgetting to include it, or if North America (as happens on occasion) is prevented from getting the "hi-res" downloads with this set. Music Direct is looking into this for me as I write.

btltez, Goldy, Leviathan and 6 others like this.
  13. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

"Yeah, thank God! [Laughs] The management had heard them all first, and they then sent them on to Mick, and he played them all, and the feedback was all positive."

Probably the first time Mick has played his own albums all the way through in years.

ssmith3046, OldSoul and MRamble like this.
  14. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

[​IMG]
    I am starting to think that Undercover is their best looking album cover.
    With the original, unmolested, Some Girls second and IORR third.

superstar19 likes this.
  15. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Looking forward to everyone's sound reviews especially compared to the SHM- SACDS if you have them.

My impression from the article posted above is that these are the SACDs slapped onto vinyl. How much more detail can the vinyl achieve that isn't on the SACDs?

OldSoul likes this.
  16. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

"I didn't have any original master tapes for this. The management of the band archived everything digitally a few years back, and I was loaned a hard drive – they said, "You can have this for 24 hours; take anything you need off of it, and then it has to come back."

Seriously?

[​IMG]

btltez and The Beave like this.
  17. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I pre-ordered a copy from Music Direct weeks back, and made the "mistake" of adding an item to the order this past Monday and told them not to ship my order until the Stones box came in stock (so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping for the add on SACD). I just called Music Direct, and because I requested that both the Stones box and MFSL Richard Thompson SACD ship together, they put my order on 'HOLD' in their system to ensure the SACD would not ship separately and therefore add a shipping charge.

When my order didn't ship yesterday (as others indicated theirs did from MD), I just called them and they had to manually release my order from hold or who knows when it would have gone out. I was told by MD Customer Service, that on-hold orders would have been flagged at some point if all items were in-stock to release, but it may not have happened today or tomorrow.

So lesson learned and note to self - don't add shippable items on to pre-orders at Music Direct that would cause order to go on hold!!!!

Anyway - the hold was released and I now see the pending charge on my Credit Card - so it should ship today.

18. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will these albums see individual releases at some point?

scotti likes this.
  19. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Glad you posted this...only ones I'm missing are Voodoo, Bridges, and Bigger...can't justify this kind of spend on the entire box because of that. The Stones are my favorite band, as well as my wife's, heck even my dog loves them (he's partial to 'Undercover" by the way) so I sure hope these get released separately...

Graham likes this.
  20. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Highly doubtful. They never put the mono box stuff out individually.

OldSoul and Graham like this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

No much interests me after "Some Girls," unfortunately.

yarbles and johnnybrum like this.
  22. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

How sad.

23. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Kind of what I'm thinking as well, but I would say that the three I'm missing are probably ones a lot of fans do not have either on vinyl...

24. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Sad, Sad, Sad.

25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I go up to and including Undercover and only need that and Emotional Rescue to complete my LP collection. I have those on CD; all the rest are UK originals. I’d also be up for Goat’s Head Soup and maybe Exile as my copies are a bit worn.