Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Amazon charged my card last night for the $179 price.

2. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

No charge on my card. I'm beginning to think that $179 won't be happening for me after all.

3. Magnolia

Magnolia Forum Resident

I paid the regular price (non-discounted) at Amazon, and received a notice today that delivery will be delayed. A new specific delivery date was not provided.

4. jstger6969

jstger6969 Forum Resident

Mine still says arriving by 8 pm tonight but still not shipped.

5. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

This doesn’t seem right to me. I ordered mine after the price had been corrected. Mine is out for delivery today.

6. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

You ordered from Amazon US?

7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Actually I do notice a small indentation on the Exile cover from the Sticky Fingers zipper. Nothing major but you can find it if you’re looking for it. The records aren’t jammed together too tightly. Luckily, it’s the first album in the box so I just turned it the other way so the zipper now faces the inner of the box instead.

lpfreak1170 and robtodd like this.
  8. jon9091

Well,
    Just got my email from Amazon. Shipment delay. New shipment delivery date is Thursday June 21.

9. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

UK. The poster I was replying to is in London so I’m assuming the order referred to is from the U.K.

10. jon9091

Oh ok...I was not aware the price glitch happened in the U.K. as well.

11. bubba-ho-tep

So the delays don’t seem to be limited to the cheap Amazon US orders. A disruption in supply, perhaps?

Maybe Universal realized too late that download cards had been left out and are rectifying that.

Total speculation on my part, of course.

<Edit>. Just got my delay e-mail from Amazon.

12. jon9091

The exact same thing happened to me on my pre order of the new Ryley Walker album. The day of release, while I see everyone else playing there’s over in the Listening To on Vinyl thread...Amazon email me and says my order has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances and it will be an days before I get it. So, on that one, I cancelled it and ordered from BullMoose who had it out to me in 2 days.

13. Musician95616

Musician95616 Forum Resident

Ordered from Collector's Choice with their 20% discount ($317 before tax and shipping). I ordered on Tuesday and it is arriving today : )

14. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Mine arrives today from CCMusic. It's at my local Post Office right now! Never kept a dollar past sunset, always burned a hole in my pants...

robtodd and Musician95616 like this.
  15. bubba-ho-tep

I would do exactly the same if I hadn’t gotten in at the $179 price.

jon9091 likes this.
  16. jstger6969

jstger6969 Forum Resident

Delayed 1 week, Just got the notice.

OldSoul likes this.
  17. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I am from the UK but I ordered from Amazon US

jon9091 likes this.
  18. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I would guess with the “digital sourcing” seed planted in everyone’s heads, this will turn into a “missed opportunity” thread soon. I just don’t seem to be as picky as many. I’m playing these through in order and have gotten as far as Black And Blue. So far, I’m liking what I’m hearing. Black And Blue sounded especially good this morning IMO.

19. Jack

Jack Senior Member

My order still says arriving Monday. I paid extra for one business day delivery, so if it is released today, then Monday is the next business day. If it takes an extra day, no worries.

20. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

My $179 order from Amazon is delayed until the 21st. :realmad:

21. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

Ok smarty. This ain't my first rodeo. Let's start hearing some comparisons to the original vinyl. Then we'll see who's groaning.

22. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I think B&B is one of their best sounding albums period. Maybe the best SQ of all their stuff.

23. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

My Amazon order is now showing delayed until 6/22. Just received email confirmation as well.

OldSoul likes this.
  24. Ok my email arrived.... now delayed until June 21. Oh well. I guess I’ll have to listen to one of my other 6000 lps

Coricama, RiRiIII and superstar19 like this.
  25. jon9091

It’s all good. At least they are honoring the price. Now I can tell my wife I need something else for Father’s Day.

ODShowtime, Coricama and Mazzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.