Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I just sent Amazon an email expressing my disappointment over the way they've handled delaying shipment. We'll see how they respond. In my experience, Amazon is usually pretty good about empathizing with shipment issues.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Show off.

Mazzy and Musician95616 like this.
  3. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Also, if the zipper is down, it can only contact the label area of any adjacent albums.

Ok, left myself wide open for jokes there .. :)

Goldy likes this.
  4. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

My local store didn't get the box either, so it's not just Amazon.

5. OldSoul

This brings up a question I was thinking about the other day. If something is supposed to come out today, when would Amazon have received its stock? I assume earlier this week, if not even last week, correct?

6. "Screw you. You got the set at a cheap price and you now have the nerve to complain about a delivery delay? We're cancelling your order entirely. Sincerest regards, Amazon."

;)

Tarek Sobh, btltez, aoxomoxoa and 4 others like this.
  7. OldSoul

I didn't get it cheaply.

8. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Is there a local store close that might have it?

9. OldSoul

Maybe, but I got it from Amazon for $355, and I think a local store would have a higher price, so I'll just wait it out.

10. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Too bad you don’t have anything else to listen to for the next week.

Shawn and Mazzy like this.
  11. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

Mine is sitting two feet away from me on my desk in my office. Can’t wait to get home!

There is a small “Made in France” sticker on the outer box FYI.

Tarek Sobh, MRamble, jon9091 and 3 others like this.
  12. OldSoul

Don't know why the sarcasm is necessary. It's bad business practice. Sorry for being excited for this box all week!

13. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Retailers including online stores get it before release date but are presumably instructed to post/courier the item so as it arrives on release day and not before.

OldSoul likes this.
  14. bubba-ho-tep

Nobody knows for sure what happened with Amazon so I think calling their handling of the “bad business” is a bit presumptive.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  15. OldSoul

From Amazon.

16. OldSoul

I think it's bad business if they could tell the box would be late and didn't think to let people know until the date of the the intended release.

17. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

It seems like it's more the suppliers fault than Amazon's. Not sure you can blame Amazon for that.

I should say that I'm viewing this as an outsider, and have no emotional involvement in this.
    As mentioned above, we'll see what happens with my Buffalo Springfield box set in two weeks.

Exile On My Street likes this.
  18. Exactly. Even the big guys are prone to record label and distributor shortages or delays in shipping.

Of course Amazon would love to fulfill every pre order on time and I find they usually do..

bubba-ho-tep likes this.
  19. bubba-ho-tep

I think that it's a supplier issue, also. It seems that a handful of boxes actually got sent before Amazon changed it's stock date from today to June 19, which I think took place overnight. This makes me believe that Amazon didn't find out until late that it wouldn't have enough stock.

20. OldSoul

I'm not blaming them for not having it in stock (I even said that in my email to them), I just think they should have notified people sooner that it would be late, that's all. They've done it before, so it's weird that they didn't this time. This "Delivery Date Pending" thing is new to me.

21. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Amazon is going to keep saying they are waiting for stock so they don’t have to honor the $179 preorders.

:whistle:

22. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

And you bought it from an American seller (amazon.com, or ...)?

23. Naw, Then they could never sell it for any price again if there are open orders once they do have copies.

24. bubba-ho-tep

They can't give advance notice that it's going to be late if they don't know ahead of time that they aren't going to receive enough stock.

I don't think so. OldSoul ordered his for the "correct" price and had his box delayed, also.

25. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

It's not Amazon's fault if nothing arrives for them to ship.