Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Yes that is what I meant. I've never experienced this before and I'm completely perplexed. Not sure how to figure out if it is my copy that is a defective or the needle? My first copy of the vinyl that I had returned to them played this track perfectly fine.

2. Drotz1

Drotz1 Forum Resident

We can only hope this is released a single albums but I'm not holding my breathe.

On that note, I wounder if the the single Exile 1/2 speed on their or Abbey's site is the first version? I assume its left over stock?

3. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Oh, I thought every version was skipping. Maybe it is the disc, then. Still, maybe try to increase tracking force a bit (if your TT allows it) and see if that helps.

4. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Sadly I don't think my turntable does. It is an entry-level Audio Technica lp60. I tried adding a coin on top of the needle which took away one of the skips but another one still there.

5. OldSoul

OH, NO WONDER! Yep, that table is just gonna skip on some loud records. I found The Clash's debut, the recent remaster, in a free bin at college the last day of my first year and, at the time, I still had an LP60 and it skipped all over the place. I was convinced I picked up a bad pressing, but it plays perfectly on my current Technics player. I wouldn't be surprised if the person that gave it away had an LP60 and thought the disc was defective too.

6. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Any suggestions on a fix?

7. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

New turntable!

8. Ron13a

Ron13a Forum Resident

So the consensus is that the new box set is better than the 2010?

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

In terms of sound quality, yes. In terms of vinyl pressing quality, no.

Micke Lindahl, Grohlfan and MRamble like this.
  10. Ron13a

Ron13a Forum Resident

I bought both 2010 box sets. I haven't pulled the trigger on the mono box yet. I've been reasonably happy with the 2010 records, but I have been lusting after that mono box.

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the mono box is top notch quality all around.

as for this box, aside from a little bit of warping, none of my discs had any real issues.

Former Lee Warmer likes this.
  12. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

Um....how do we arrive at this conclusion if the vinyl pressing quality is not that great?

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The mastering is different. Perhaps I should have said that for many titles, many seem to prefer the mastering of the new set. Unfortunately, pressing quality of this new set has been inconsistent at best - with non-fill being the biggest issue.

Grohlfan likes this.
  14. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

I can attest with my experience. I was two albums shy of keeping mine. Six albums dwindled to two were exchanged. MD gave up and said return the whole box for a complete refund. Sonically they sounded pretty damn good!

15. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

My box set is in the 800s and all the LPs are in great condition and have no problems I love it and glad I picked it up.

Carl80 likes this.
  16. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body Thread Starter

17. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

For anyone who is interested I was contacted by the download guys with the full set of MP3 downloads of the box including the corrected version of the exile song , sorry can’t remember which one it is at the moment.

Still took a good while sorting them all out as they where not catalogued but was worth it in the end, sure they will send to whoever requests.

18. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

20. OldSoul

Does seem to be for slightly damaged boxes, though.

21. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

I’ve never gotten anything than pristine from them. It’s just a catch all to cover themselves.

22. OldSoul

Even the pictures of the box set show damage, but maybe. For someone not that anal about outer packaging, it is definitely a great deal.

23. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

According to the Merchandise Outlet site they only have one in stock,

24. bigtail

bigtail Senior Member

Got the last copy...Many Thanks to Vinyl Richie for the post !!!

bluejimbop likes this.
  25. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Let us know what shape it is in when it arrives.