Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

No probs at all. Even the missing download card was immediately solved via email w Universal.

pettyyttep, maui jim and tinnox like this.
  2. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Get it! Was very happy w my set. Only one issue seemed consistent to multiple sets and that was distortion on the final track to GHS.

It is overall a beautiful set and the LPs sound great.

The MEZ likes this.
  3. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Likewise my set is excellent and Universal sent me a download card

The MEZ likes this.
  4. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Same for me. Can’t remember original member that said to contact Uni but I di and received the dnld codes

The MEZ likes this.
  5. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Mines on the way from Italy...been after this for awhile...

The MEZ likes this.
  6. pettyyttep

pettyyttep Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to order the boxset on that price. Was busy and had to go and do some grocery-shopping, then when I finally got to home I took a nap.
    And bang right there when I woke up I actually remembered the Stones, right as I was going to the Amazon-page to order it, but unfornately it had gone up in price.
    [​IMG]

MRamble likes this.
  7. pettyyttep

pettyyttep Well-Known Member

Larry David gifs from the series "Curb Your Enthusiasm" are great:D:righton:
    [​IMG]
    I almost felt like this when I saw the price jump back up..doh, I should have ordered it earlier.

8. brownsound2112

Up to Tatoo You - all good so far, bar track 3 & 4 on GHS there’s some horrid screechy noises....not too sure what to do as it’s from Italy and I’m in the UK....I’ll probably do nothing.

9. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

I haven’t heard of this. Playing tracks 3/4 (Coming Down & Heartbreaker) now and not hearing anything amiss.

The MEZ likes this.
  10. brownsound2112

Mine is all good except side 1 of GHS. I'm in the UK and ordered from Amazon Italy....what a ball ache...not sure whether to order another from Amazon UK and just do a swap...without looking through everyones points, was GHS one with a common problem?

11. Carl Homes

Carl Homes Forum Resident

Can i ask you what quality the downloads come in?. Missed out on the price drop but i'm slowly crumbling and may just bite the bullet and purchase anyway. The downloads may sway it. Ta

12. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

The downloads I believe were simply the 2009 masterings in 44/16. I would not base the purchase of this box set on the downloads.

Carl Homes and OldSoul like this.
  13. And most boxes didn't have the promised download cards so you had to track them down though the label. if you wanted one.....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Sean, MRamble and Carl Homes like this.
  14. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Just got my box, number 1,034. Finished cleaning and now playing/ripping Sticky Fingers. This sounds quite different from the original...less thin and less garage-like sound. I will say it seems to be cut fairly low and it has a rather laid-back quality to it. A more "polished" sound than the original...but still has some grit to it. It reminds me of the Steve Wilson remix of Chicago II compared to the original pressing.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Echoes Myron, OldSoul and Sean like this.
  15. psulioninks

Where exactly are these at in the box? Just tossed inside anywhere? Anyone got a photo or a link to one?

16. psulioninks

I can also confirm the "no fill" issue reported by some others on Goat's Head Soup. Seems to be confined to Side 2...a bit on "Silver Train"...much more on "Hide Your Love" and "Winter" (which is where I am at playback wise). Damn MPO! I hope this is the only LP plagued by this. :realmad:

17. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

I don’t believe this is true. Just the error on Mixed Emotions alone says they probably aren’t.

Carl80 likes this.
  18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I don’t think they are the 2009’s either as time waits for no one has the slightly longer outro included in the downloads.

mbrownp1 likes this.
  19. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

What’s the error on Mixed Emotions ?

mbrownp1 likes this.
  20. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Carl80 and mbrownp1 like this.
  21. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Carl80 likes this.
  22. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Wasn’t sure weather it was a fault/error, thanks for confirming.

mbrownp1 likes this.
  23. psulioninks

I know they have released Sticky Fingers from this set for individual purchase (maybe others as well)...but I don't see anything currently available for Goat's Head Soup. My copy of this title from the box is riddled with non-fill. Anyone know if all of these titles are scheduled for individual release?

Cervelo likes this.
  24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I don't believe they have released the version of Sticky Fingers in the box individually. The recent individual release is a different cut. The only LP in the box which has the same cut released individually is Blue And Lonesome - which came out well before the box.

As has been covered here many times, there has been no announcement of individual releases. IMO, based on past history, there probably won’t be an individual program but we might see some LPs get random individual releases. But this is just an educated guess.

OldSoul likes this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.