Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Seriously, how does anyone get Exile back into that plastic cover? S.O.S.

2. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

I have the box set, Exile goes in the cover no problem.

Zongadude likes this.
  3. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

I never tried.

4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I just bought some thicker LP sleeves and put it in one of them.

CBackley likes this.
  5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

For some it's an outlier!

6. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Are the Bigger Bang, Bridges and Voodoo individual releases the same packaging that came in the box?

7. Padre69

Padre69 Forum Resident

At least ABB is. The barcode is the only thing added.

CraigC likes this.
  8. nova

nova Wallowing in the black

I would quite like to get this boxset since I only own a couple of Stones' vinyl but some of the feedback over the past few pages has left me a bit unsure whether I should splash £280 on it or not? Is it worth it or is the risk of damaged/warped records too high?

9. Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack Forum Resident

The content of this box set comes from DSD flat transfers, right? I already have all of the Japanese Platinum SHM-CDs flat transfers. Do they sound the same? Cheers.

10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Miles himself gave us a detailed answer regarding the sources for these LP's. I've quoted it here.

11. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident

I'm incredibly fussy about sources for vinyl, preferring AAA and rarely buy digitally sourced vinyl. I saw this set on Amazon UK last May for a very good price. I have to say the pressing have been uniformly good. I haven't played everything yet but those I have I have been pleasantly surprised with, especially the later albums. I really enjoyed ER and VL. I Would recommend the set but to be honest the Beatles in Mono vinyl box set the standard!! However the Stones catalogue will never be sourced from the original tapes so I it is a good way to get a complete set of the output from 71 on vinyl!!

It also is a limited edition and will ultimately sell out and going for insane amounts in the future!!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  12. Bzl.

Bzl. Active Member

I finally took the plunge on this, with the help of a very old, inherited $100 gift certificate. I appear to have serial # #00666! I'm wondering if that's real, or if they all show this. It's on the cardboard insert. Pretty kooky if it's unique! I've been looking for some Sympathy.

OldSoul, Turbo2k, CBackley and 2 others like this.
  13. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

You know, it is a nice set. I owned it and sold many of the titles as I didn't need duplicates and actually just kept the last three and the few that didn't sell. I would actually recommend that you search out minty originals of these as they can be had quite affordably and then you also get the all analog mastering. Maybe just buy some of the later titles separately if needed. Either way you go though you'll be happy!

14. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

The number is real but it has nothing to do with the records inside. I means this is the 666th package they boxed up. It does not mean that each of the records in your box were the 666th record pressed.

Zongadude and Bzl. like this.
  15. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Of the three that I’ve heard from this set – Sticky Fingers, Exile and Some Girls – the only one that really impressed me (compared to 1st UK pressings) was Exile. And that is VERY good.

Micke Lindahl likes this.
  16. arem

arem Forum Resident

17. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have the box, bought when released - but how can they offer these up at $95.99? If these are new and unopened, what a deal. Curious about why the price is so low?

Then I found this as well - for even a lower price from the same site. Weird:
    The Rolling Stones: Studio Albums Collection 1971- 2016, 20 Vinyl LP Boxset (phantbox.com)

dasacco likes this.
  18. Further

Further Forum Resident

They also have The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box and an unplayed Blue Box for the same price. They claim to be liquidators for Amazon and the like but there's no way I trust this. Besides, I already own the Stones box. Awesome deal, if it were true, though!

dasacco likes this.
  19. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

They have Beatles BC-13 boxes as well. I walked through the order to check shipping, which was free, and then Norton came up with a scam alert.

Nephrodoc and Further like this.
  20. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

Plus they have 5 (and counting) brand new copies of the 1st UK blue prism pressings of Floyd's 'Dark Side Of The Moon', so all looks legit.

Nephrodoc, marcb, Dubmart and 2 others like this.
  21. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Any sealed 1st state Butchers? I think I'd fork $25 for one.

22. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

LOL! I tried to buy 3 of the Stones boxes and they added $80,000 for shipping.

Goldy, Spitfire, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  23. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Wow! Might have something to do though with the $100 limit that is mentioned at the top of the home page. It says:

"In order to prevent malicious brushing of orders, the amount of each order cannot exceed $100"

Either way, I made an order. Now I just have to wait and see what actually happens with this site and this deal.....

24. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Well I tried to order just one, but it says merchant account restricted. For Paypal or credit card.

25. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.