Rolling Stones Tour 2021 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoodKitty, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I love when the Stones do public-service announcements:

[​IMG]

;)

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah - makes me wish they'd just do the "whole crew" bow and not the "only the 'real Stones'" one, as it just reminds us too much of Charlie's absence.

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And don't drink and drive---as long as you have 3 limo drivers: ;)

[​IMG]

5. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

I'm still going to Tampa with my Lucky Dip tickets that I bought pre-Covid.

But I was just going through Ticketmaster, and it's scary how many unsold tickets are sitting there for majority of shows.

I'm talking about the "blue dots" on the interactive seating charts... the unsold "regular" tickets... (nevermind the unsold "red dot" resale ticket inventory sitting there...)

Opening night in St. Louis is tomorrow. Attendance is looking to be embarrassing for a stadium show. They had a very easy out between Covid and Charlie to cancel the whole thing. Crazy they're going to go through with it...

6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

@The Panda paricularly likes this one.

Sean and The Panda like this.
  7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I was in hs and many years away from even seeing coke, but even I knew that Keef wasn't endorsing something fizzy and caffeinated.

8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They already put up production money for the tour and they may have a high cancel fee.

Price is a big reason for unsold tickets, so it should be time for lucky dips or a ticket fire sale. Fans waiting for opening night footage and week of show covid decision is also a reason for unsold tickets.

The Beave likes this.
  9. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

$5.21 per minute.

10. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467.

When your band mates start dying of old age instead of overdoses, it’s time to retire.

PIGGIES and Haristar like this.
  11. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

Fairly sure once their current touring obligations are met, and then they've honored their 60th anniversary next year with a show or two, they will likely do just that.

12. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

I could not agree more. I got pee shivers from embarrassment from that sign. It's like they have to remind all the rich assholes about the genre of music.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    JuanTCB, PunkSaxMix and The Beave like this.
  13. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Yeah, I looked up the St. Louis show and was shocked that about half the venue is unsold. Very alarming.
    Beave

14. PunkSaxMix

PunkSaxMix free yourself from apathy

I would have gone to the Pittsburg show, but Delta. I know I'd want to be in the mosh pit!

Probably many feel the same way.

And I am still achy with grief from Charlie's death. I worry about Mick and Keith's grief which must be far more painful than mine.

What fortitude those musicians have. What a journey they've taken together. And still committed. Oddly, they are a fabulous example now of remaining calm and carrying on.

I'm doing something like keeping the fire burning, RS logo on my car and RS flag on my home. Since Charlie, I feel they should have my support however remote.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Well, like I was talking to ssmith earlier, this is true for a lot of us.
    Two things going on here, and weirdly enough their both valid.
    First is that “The Rolling Stones” as we knew them, that band that was “A Way Of Life”, with Charlie gone (RIP CHARLIE), THAT ROLLING Stones is gone.
    What’s left to continue on is
    Two……the Brand “Rolling Stones”. And you bet they will continue. Both Mick and Keith have proved that they really have no other “life pursuits” that they care to chase. This is what they do and what they’ll continue to do.

And it’s both Sad for us fans who feel that The Stones are “Family” to us. It’s like Mom passing away and then a couple of months later Dad marries another woman, and believe me, this exact scenario happened to a friend of mine, although he waited 2 years before getting remarried, but oh brother did his w daughters not take it well. Hurt them like I can’t describe.
    And a part of me feels like that….”how can you?……”.

But on the other hand you stop living, you die.
    Do I want to see that happen with the Stones? Hell no.
    With Charlie gone I’ve got to accept that my era is gone and their trying to hand it off to a new generation.
    Like the Beatles, we’re lucky that they’ve been able to turn on a new generation, it’s nothing like OUR generation but it shouldn’t be…….
    The torch is being passed on.
    As it should be.
    I don’t want to see my guys going down the nostalgia/oldies/irrelevant artist highway.
    So let’s let them be what they are. I know I’ve got plenty of music and vids and memories to last me till I’m dead.
    I wish Charlie didn’t die. But then again, I wish that IAN2/BOBBY didn’t die. Bobby should still be blowing the solo in Brown Sugar. Way too young to die.

So hoping we get a YouTube leak if the complete show tonight. I hope everyone there enjoys it!
    Beave

16. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I’m going to the Charlotte show and I bet I’ll get a free ticket. People will have extras.

17. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Watched some FB streams today- sounding good, although different of course.
    Interesting choice to drop Brown Sugar. I’m guessing that’s a permanent thing now?
    I’d have no problem if they did that to replace it with a deeper cut but they didn’t!

GoodKitty likes this.
  18. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om Thread Starter

St. Louis, Missouri 9-26-21
    the stadium currently known as The Dome at America's Center

"Tumbling Dice"

19. Zbriscoe1

Zbriscoe1 Forum Resident

jumpinjulian likes this.
  20. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Well, they've been self-censoring the lyrics since forever now, so maybe they finally decided to drop it entirely... Though at the same time, they've periodically left out classics before.

PunkSaxMix, Sean and jumpinjulian like this.
  21. Seabass

Seabass Old Git

Look/sound better than I’d expected.

Mick noticeably slower/conserving energy

In what other band would someone who’d been in it for 45 years still be viewed as an outsider…

coniferouspine and GoodKitty like this.
  22. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Was Tom & Gisele there??

23. Sconcho

Sconcho Forum Resident

Have they? Haven’t noticed this. How so?

24. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Young man, there's no need to feel down

25. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

i'd say the more interesting choice was playing it at all for the last 30 years with lyrics intact.