Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

"Paul, when is the last time you saw Ringo's eyes?"

musicfan37 and supermd like this.
  2. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Ron Howard asks Ringo to sign something for him...

Simon A, supermd and Miller92473 like this.
  3. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Maybe. Hopefully.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've a feeling it's now or never (or a long time) for Shea, because they've directly associated it with the documentary, as has been done with the Hollywood Bowl CD.

4. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

There's an interesting interview with Ron Howard in the Times (the UK Times, not the NY Times) and it's unfortunately behind a pay wall so I can't post it here. But the most interesting bit is this:

Annoyingly the reporter didn't follow up. I'd love to know what the footage from Paul's home movies of the Beatles included? When and where were they shot? What footage from those home movies, if any of it, made it into Howard's movie. Gees, how freaking cool to be able to watch McCartney's home movies of the Beatles era! :drool: What a bonus feature that would be on the DVD/BluRay (I'm not holding my breath tho.)

5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Image? I don't see it.

6. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Paul looks and sounds much better there, than he did in the other preview. It's always like seeing an old friend, I'm glad he seems to be well.

broshfab4 and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  7. You mean we're free to change the questions?

Interviewer: John, say "Turn Left at Greenland."
    John: Turn Left at Greenland.
    Interviewer: Very good! Now Ringo...

8. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Just read that Barry Tashian, a local resident, who was in The Remains...they played support for the Beatles on some dates on their '66 US tour is going to be the guest speaker at the Belcourt Friday show. Oh...The Remains got great reviews during that tour and some reviewers remarked how they thought that The Remains either played better or sounded better or somesuch. I'm sure Barry will mention something about that. :whistle:

He'd better get ready for some popcorn throwing if he does though. :-popcorn: :p

THE BEATLES: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: Post-screening discussion with Barry Tashian, whose band opened for the Beatles on their 1966 U.S. tour (7:00pm) | Events | The Belcourt Theatre »

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Wingsfan2012 and Dinstun like this.
  9. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

At times now his 74 year old voice shows especially after he comes off a string of live dates!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  10. Wingsfan2012

Everyone have their tickets? I am glad I went last week to get mine because my local theater is now sold out. Not a fan of getting tickets ahead of time but after "Rockshow" a few years ago where I almost missed out, I have learned my lesson with Beatles related limited theater runs!Very surprised they did not add a 9:00 or 9:30 showing? Unless maybe per agreement with Apple/White Horse on the number of showings?

11. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Got mine

broshfab4 and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  12. Wingsfan2012

Tashian was a good Beatlefest guest many years ago. Great storyteller

13. Wingsfan2012

I am curious how the colorized footage will look. I hope it does not distract the viewing experience especially if it is footage we all know........

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Got tix too.

15. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

I bought a ticket on Sunday. I was trying to get two tickets, but it (online) only gave me an option to buy 1.

I thought that maybe I had to buy one ticket at a time... or, there was only one ticket left!

Turns out there was only one ticket left, so that's the one I got.

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

If you are interested, I do have 1, and only 1, Brooklyn Bridge left for sale. The price is flexible, so I am willing to entertain any fair offer ... ;)

17. dberthia

dberthia Curmudgeon, Skeptic

18. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

50 cents and a CD-R with "P.S. Love Me Do" on it. It's my final offer. :p

19. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

I'm over my quota on Alicia Bridges records, unfortunately.

20. b.smith

b.smith Forum Resident

21. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Got mine for Friday.

22. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Is this playing in the Netherlands? I can't find it anywhere.

Yorick likes this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

SOLD!

Johnny Reb likes this.
  24. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

LOL, the Facebook Q&A sure was anticlimactic. It lasted only 10 minutes and since Paul and Ringo hadn't even seen the finished film they couldn't really comment on it.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  25. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. I thought, given that all three cinemas near me are showing the movie at the same time tomorrow, I'd be able to just turn up and get a seat. Luckily I checked at the start of this week - two cinemas completely sold out, the other with just a few left. It's going to be a proper event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.