Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The theater by me is sold out. Glad I bought early.

Yosi likes this.
  2. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

3. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

4. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

F Yesterday and Today.
    It's all about Tomorrow.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

You know, watching the video you posted here made me remember how much I still love the haircut response when George says, "I had one yesterday" and they all chime in, "IT'S TRUE!" I never get tired of that. :)

Simon A and Frank like this.
  6. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Interestingly enough, the theater here in Asheville will now be showing the film all next week in addition to the premiere tomorrow night.

I assume to head off any "what the..." comments from those like myself who purchased tickets for tomorrow night's screening at $12.50 a pop (when the film can now be seen for as little as $5 next Tuesday), the theater has announced that it will give filmgoers with tickets for tomorrow's screening a pass worth $9.75 that can be used in the future. That's more than fair in my book - and will most likely mean I'll be back next week to see it again!

7. RayS

Lucky you!

$14.50 in Chapel Hill. One night only, no bonuses that I know of (free "butter" maybe?)

8. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Not if Apple has anything to say about it.

RayS likes this.
  9. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Wow, Ray - that's NYC money! Is that the usual cost? I hope these prices aren't someone's way of making up the state's revenue shortfall... (yes, I know - slap on wrist for me)

If you're willing to drive the 200+ miles westward, I'd be willing to let you take advantage of one of those free passes I'm supposedly entitled to! (Just to help bring the average cost down to a more respectable $7.25 :agree:)

RayS likes this.
  10. RayS

Yes, a little taste of Manhattan to make me feel at home I guess. :)

I appreciate your offer. I drove nearly that far to find a theater showing "Rock Show" a few years back - somewhere near the Tennessee border? I'm still not too good with North Carolina geography, but I'm guessing it was somewhere out your way.

11. Telemark

Telemark Forum Resident

Yeah, but Tomorrow Never Knows.

12. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

A
    What's today, but yesterday's tomorrow?

13. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Just to possibly illustrate how the movie apparently isn't creating a mania of interest with the general public:

I pre ordered two tickets on September 2nd for the ONE showing at the ONE theater in my area running the movie tomorrow, because it was reserved seating and I didn't want to miss out.
    ( Gurnee, Illinois)
    It's one of those mall multiscreen theaters, but they they must be running the Beatles movie in a specialty theater there because it only has 65 seats, and as of a minute ago, there is still one regular seat available.
    (There are a couple of wheelchair seating area seats left also.)

I can't help but think that if the theaters were running a couple of parts of the Beatles Anthology every couple of weeks in 1995, there would have been some sold out theaters, maybe special midnight screenings etc., and lots more general hoopla.

It just goes to show me that an extra twenty years beyond the Anthology releases has pushed the Beatles back even further into old business territory with regular folks, unlike we here obsessing in this thread. :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Sean Murdock, HarvG and ConnieGuitar like this.
  14. zen

zen Senior Member

15. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I see younger & younger teens getting into the Beatles still after all these decades, so maybe it wont be a theatre full of decrepit old dead folks! :agree:

Glenn Christense likes this.
  16. Glenn Christense

Wow, this line in the review really has me excited! Where did they come up with that? :D :

There’s even older (and grainy) footage of an impossibly young version of the band performing at the Cavern Club, a post-WWII dive in Liverpool.

(I'm just kidding. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the movie and Shea tomorrow. The Fabs on the big screen. Excellent.)

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  17. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I like this part from the review.

The Beatles are one of the all-time great, relentless live acts, and that’s as memorable a takeaway from Eight Days a Week as any. They were just a great rock band, making great songs, at the time in which they were most needed.

Amen brother, amen!

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  18. Glenn Christense

I'll check in tomorrow night with the demographics result. :p

Off the top of my head it dawns on me that I've seen A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, Let it Be and the Concert for Bangladesh on the big screen. What other Fab movies have I forgotten that could have been in movie theaters.?

(I won't even mention Give My Regards to Broadstreet which I saw at the show also. Oops. I did mention it! ) :hide:

19. Glenn Christense

Yes, but didn't we and 99.99% of the world know that already ? (Left a slight percentage open for Keith Richards)

edenofflowers likes this.
  20. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Mr. Christense, to be honest no I don't think so!

I know the kids in liverpool really appreciated them as a live performing band, but most of the world didn't because they were too busy screaming!

The vast majority wasn't really paying attention to how great an actual band they were, they were totally caught up in the mania!

21. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I got one of the last two seats at the one showing near me. It was much more popular than I expected.

22. Glenn Christense

You are probably correct about the young fans at that time in the original era, but I would hope most knowledgeable music fans, young and old now days realize what a great band they were, and if they don't
    it's their problem, not mine.:D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  23. Glenn Christense

Is it in a regular size theater or a smaller theater like mine ? (65 seats)

For the others here that have tickets already, were the seats reserved like mine or free range seating like most movies?

24. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Show start at 2000 hours tomorrow but the broadcast at 1900 hours. From the gala premier in London. Not really interested in that but it says special guests. Paul and Ringo or just BS? Sorry if this was mentioned before

25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

The running order I've seen is...

1800 - Red Carpet Simulcast from Leicester Square (Paul, Ringo, etc, arriving at the cinema)
    1845 - Intermission
    1900 - Shea followed by Eight Days

This is UK time.

streetlegal and budwhite like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.