Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Mar 7, 2020.
50% OFF SALE – Rough Trade
Some REALLY good stuff here. Hat tip to @jimhb for the original post!
I was able to get the Music for the Masses box set for $65.
So many titles!
It says the diamond dogs is sold out when I add to cart though
Secret Machines, Foals, Föllakzoid, Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever, picked up some really good stuff. $49 or more ships free too!
Likewise with The Replacements - Tim.
I figured that I needed a few more Stereolab LPs.
It must've sold out quickly—I tried to add it to my cart maybe two minutes after I got the email from Rough Trade and got an error message.
everythings selling out.
added some stuff and had to run errands was going to come back finish browsing and checkout, half my stuffs gone now
Yeah, the last time I remember perusing such a sale at Rough Trade, most everything was gone. I must have ordered at least one album because I already had an account there. This time, I knew to be quick and although I ordered using my phone (which was way wonky to navigate the sale), I managed to secure an order of everything I wanted (The National, Smashing Pumpkins, Keane, King Gizzard, Nick Cave, Kate Bush (cool picture disc!), Stereolab and Wilco). Here's hoping they all actually ship!
Dang the band 50 th sold out too
So pissed I missed the DM Music for the Masses box!
Are any CD’s 50% off?
Too bad their shipping to Canada is completely ridiculous...$66.51 USD to ship 5 LPs via USPS? No thank you...
you know i love deals. lots of good stuff still!
Deals always get me I order stuff I don’t need because it’s on sale and then have no space for it all
oh man yes THIS.
Lots of good stuff was sold out but managed to spend some money last night.
1x Us, Empress Of, LP
Standard Black LP.
1x Africa Speaks, Santana, LPx2
1x Surfing With The Alien, Joe Satriani, LPx2
1x Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Jimi Hendrix, 12"+
1x Three Covers, Angel Olsen, 12"
It’s just as well to me that a lot of the stuff I wanted was sold out now because otherwise I would have dropped a MINT.
HOWEVER, it stings that I just purchased both the exclusive Angel Olsen 3 Covers and Fontaines DC Darklands Versions EPs at full price not more than 6 weeks ago. DAMN IT.
Still managed to get a few great items though.
almost all of my order ended up being cancelled, only 2 items are shipping.....the two items i actually wanted the least.
Still no word on my order from March 7. They cancelled RSD order I made a couple of years ago and it took them over a week to notify me of that. Deja vu?
I HATE when they do that. Is it too much to contact the customer and ask if they still want to pay shipping for what they know is filler? Fool me once...
Yeah had I known I would have said cancel it all these two items I only added because I was already getting shipping so why not but stand-alone wasn’t good enough deal
My Rough Trade review.
Who knew 13 days ago this would be delivered at a time when simply leaving the house would not be allowed. Working from home, I was delighted to see the arrival of a sweet box of 7 vinyl titles (aka "vinyls" for you hipsters out there). Unpacked with abandon, washed hands afterwards. Here are my thoughts...
1) Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Distant Sky (live). This one was trouble at first sight. Housed in a clear sleeve, this was likely a return that was resold. The vinyl looked like crap, not unlike what the Discogs reviews stated. Download code not present. Vinyl sounds nice despite its appearance. Keeper at $7.50. Wouldn't be if I paid much more. Need to replay side two and make sure it isn't off-center (I don't think it is but that is one of the complaints). Amazing performances, this is must-own Nick Cave.
2) Kate Bush - Cloudbusting. Another $7.50 gem. Limited edition picture disc, totally redundant if you have the vinyl boxes but it really looks cool. Sounds nice, especially for a picture disc. Listened to once and put it into an album frame...now on my wall.
3) The Smashing Pumpkins - Shiny and Oh So Bright. This one has been on my list (as was Nick Cave). Not sure I realized it was the picture disc version when I dropped the order. All is good, it sounds terrific and came with a working download code. Score for $14.00.
4) Stereolab - Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night. I like Stereo lab plenty but was always more partial to The High Llamas. This sale featured at least 3-4 Stereolab 3 LP titles. This one includes the original album across two slabs and a third LP of bonus material. For $16.50, I should have grabbed all of the Stereolab titles. This was a major score.
5) Keane - Cause & Effect. Love this band. Sucked in by colored vinyl and the modest $13.50 price tag.
6) Wilco - Ode To Joy, Like this band. Sucked in by colored vinyl and the more than modest $11.50 price tag.
7) The National - I Am Easy To Find. I listened to snippets of this one upon release and really liked what I heard. Picked up the CD version not all that long ago for pennies but never spent a lot of time with it. This sale had the 2 LP clear vinyl (which I ended up buying for $15.00) and a deluxe version for twice as much. Rare case when I went with the perceived lesser version and think I made the right choice. What a beautiful album.
The only item that didn't ship was a King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard album variant of some sort that I am not certain if it will eventually ship or not. Certainly not overly concerned. The Rough Trade sales are such that you need to get in early and fast for the best selection. This was a rare case when I was able to do so. I really have no regrets with the stuff that I ended up getting.
It ain’t 50% off but there is a 48 hour Flash Sale going on right now.
Sale – Rough Trade
As usual some great stuff in here but you need to hurry up if you want it. I managed to grab the Marianne Faithful 60s singles album that’s been on my wish list since release day and the Pop Group archival LP, and tossed in a Colemine label 7” that I don’t have to get free shipping.
their site is so hard to navigate. any tips, oracle of bargain hunting?
Separate names with a comma.