Rough Trade New York moving to ?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Mazzy, Jan 19, 2021.

1. jjhunsecker

jjhunsecker Senior Member

UPDATE re: "Hackney Diamonds"

I get to Barnes & Nobles' flagship store in Union Square on early Friday afternoon (release day)....and of course "Hackney Diamonds" on CD was already sold out ! They probably only had 5-10 copies delivered to the store . and all were already gone :(:realmad:

LUCKILY, for me , right across the street from B&N, they had opened a temporary Rolling Stones pop-up store. They had a few copies of the CD (even some with a variant cover exclusive to the store)...Unfortunately they didn't carry the Deluxe edition with the Blu-ray. But I was just glad to get a copy of the newest CD by my favorite band, I couldn't think of anything else

Just another tale of CD shopping in America's biggest city (considered by some the cultural capital of the world...)

dlemaudit and Cronverc like this.
  2. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Just gotta accept the fact that it’s not 1999 anymore. Adapt and overcome.

3. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

Welcome to the new modern world :(. For the record, I don't like it either.

jjhunsecker likes this.
  4. jjhunsecker

I've adapted . I had no choice . Amazin, Import CD, Collectors Choice, Deep Discount, Discogs, Label websites...you name it, I've ordered from the

But I REALLY wanted to have the latest album of my all time favorite band on release day, and attempting to find it at retail was a bitch...
    Of course, there are worst things in the world in the vast scheme of things

Cronverc likes this.
  5. jjhunsecker

So the Barnes & Nobles location in downtown Manhattan closed about a month ago. They had a decent , not great selection , of physical media

Now the remaining 2 B&N stores are the only places in NYC where one can even possibly hope to get a CD or Blu-Ray on release day (if you're lucky)