RSD 2020 drop list revealed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sis+erRay, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

No mention of the Rolling Stones Let it Bleed collector's edition in any of the RSD drop dates. Anyone have information on that one? I know it will be hard to get at 900 total copies. I'm interested and wondering how they are going to sell those now. Clearly it has dropped out of the RSD platform.

Sean and mestreech like this.
  3. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident Thread Starter

4. Mr. Gnome

Mr. Gnome Forum Resident

How many of you are getting the Baby Shark 7” ?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

If this is true it will be a big battle to get one and prices will rise to extreme hights.

JRose likes this.
  6. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

If a title is a 'regional focus release', how will you know where it will be available to purchase?

7. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

The only release i'm like 1% interested in is Gorillaz - G-Sides. Rest ? Nah...

8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yeah... not sure how that works either, mainly because every Regional focus release has been available (at least those I want) at my local store. So I'm not sure how it is decided how they distribute these or why they are indicated as such.

9. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

So... UGH. All the items I wanted originally are now evenly split up between all 3 Drops ; 8+ items each drop. I really am not, at the current time, interested in standing in a line for hours before the store opens during this pandemic (assuming the store I go to is open by then - he has been temporarily closed since 3/19). Who knows with everything re-opening slowly if the virus doesn't spike again come Aug/Sept/Oct, etc.

I understand that people can stand 6ft+ apart and wear masks. But doing so for 4 or more hours (generally how early I get to the store I shop at before it opens) to ensure I get all my wants is not too appealing (and to have to do it 3 months in a row!). In Aug and Sept it will most likely be warm out (good), but wearing a mask for that period of time in the heat can't be comfortable. Just wearing a mask for 1 hour at the supermarket is stifling. In addition, how can we be sure everyone obeys social distancing rules before a store opens without anyone taking charge of the situation (i.e., store owner).

I really hope the rules are relaxed in such a way to allow loyal customers of a specific store to be able to shop in methods different from a regular RSD - and still do so to be able to get the best chance of getting 100% fulfillment of wants.

wgb113 likes this.
  10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

This guy.
    [​IMG]

11. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Surely there's going to be regular vinyl version of Bloodflowers to come after the RSD picture disc drop.

TheMovieRad likes this.
  12. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Can’t see anything I fancy.

Catcher10 likes this.
  13. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

I’ll be picking up that Ravi Shankar release, might get that Instant Karma single too. Not interested in much else.

14. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

I’m glad that everything I want is “dropping” on the same day

15. Achn2b

Achn2b Forum Resident

I'm glad that mine is split up. Gonna be an expensive proposition, especially since I just noticed that Dirty Three release of Ocean Songs.

JRose likes this.
  16. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Not doing it this year. If there's anything I want bad enough, I'll just buy it on Ebay a month later, after the prices drop back to retail.

For me, RSD is about the fun as much as hunting for exclusives. With COVID controls, it's no fun.

17. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I can’t see Gary Numan on the list any more.

18. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

19. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

20. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

The RSD Drop is working VERY well for me. I'm typically forced to leave some items behind to avoid dropping too much money at once. Last year, I had my hands on the Patsy Cline set colored vinyl. I really wanted it but not as bad as other items. That is now very expensive and hard to find for sale.
    I can spend $70 per month for 3 consecutive months and get what I'm wanting. The exception being that Let it Bleed collector edition. But that works out well too. Because it's being sold in June, I can squeeze that in as well. That's assuming I get a shot at one.

21. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Awesome! Less competition for me.

This is the worst list ever for me, as there's over 20 wants for me, many of which are "must haves". Glad it's split up over 3 months, because hunting for and buying and then listening to all that at once would be pretty hard.

Beamish13 likes this.
  22. kevin

kevin Senior Member

I might try to get the 2 Bowie cd sets.

quicksrt likes this.
  23. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

So many great ones:

Roxy Music debut
    Philip Glass box
    Wipers

mradmack likes this.
  24. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Booorrrrinng...........One release of interest, The Pineapple Thief.

25. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

The Miles Davis BITCHES BREW outtakes on vinyl are a must

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.