RSD 2020 drop list revealed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sis+erRay, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Oh man! I was going to stay home and just buy it online but this might mean I have to go stand in line. Primus Suck On This is the only release for drop #2 that is a “must have” for me. So jacked that it is getting a remaster though!

vinylshadow and imail724 like this.
  2. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

these are the ones i will be looking for

The Soft Parade: Stripped The Doors
    The Very Best of Jerry Garcia Jerry Garcia
    Meat Puppets Meat Puppets
    Sonic Bloom Night Beats
    Suck On This Primus
    Nativity In Black Various Artists

3. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

McCartney reissue looks like it's AAA? Says "This edition was cut by Miles Showell at half speed using original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios, 5th November, 2019." I know Miles half speeds are typically digitally sourced, but this wording seems to indicate otherwise.

4. bward

bward Senior Member

Does anyone know the list price for the McCartney LP?
    Someone on FB mentioned a pretty high price, but I was thinking it wasn't accurate.
    But, at this point, who knows?

raveoned likes this.
  5. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I think bullmoose listed it at $28.97 and they are always a buck or two different from my local. So I'd say $27-$30 range

raveoned likes this.
  6. nerd767

nerd767 Forum Resident

just getting the ramones its alive ii this month. does anyone know the price?

7. bward

bward Senior Member

Excellent! Thank you. Someone must have been quoting secondary market prices.

raveoned and Wiserforthetime like this.
  8. Justin C

Justin C Well-Known Member

My list for RSD drop #2:

Feminine complex
    The boys next door
    Fleetwood mac
    Night beats
    Dance craze
    This are two tone
    Psyche france
    Camille yarbrough
    Yardbirds
    Behind The Dykes Beat, Blues And Psychedelic Nuggets From Lowlands

...and this UK exclusive: Samantha Jones

9. footstomper

footstomper Forum Resident

Can you believe I just received the Steven Wilson mix of "Roxy Music" this morning! I spent an hour and ten minutes trying to order it on the day of release and then waited weeks for my order from Banquet Records - I was so convinced it wouldn't turn up that I nearly bought it again on Ebay only last night! What a surprise to get it today and an even bigger surprise that it was a perfect flat and noise-free copy!
    This weekend I REALLY want "McCartney 1", Ramones "It's Alive II", "Dance Craze" and "This Are Two Tone".

LivingForever likes this.
  10. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I think a lot of the Abbey Road half-speeds have this wording.

11. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I'm psychologically ready to skip this drop altogether, but I really want to get the Yardbirds' Roger the Engineer. I'll probably try online since I had good luck with that approach in August.

I wouldn't mind getting Mike Watt's Squeeze cover, and if I have the opportunity to get Dance Craze or This Are Two Tone, I probably will, even though I own them both already and will probably wind up buying the recent Two Tone CD box set that includes them as well.

vinyl diehard likes this.
  12. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

13. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I think just 2 that I'm interested for Drop Deuce:
    Replacements Live 3xLP
    Mike Watt 7"

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

As usual I think I only want one or two then the more I read the list the more I want

ramones
    Primus
    Roger waters
    Nativity in black

johnny thunders and the hackers soundtrack are tempting too

alex1976delarge likes this.
  15. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

I'm debating with myself whether or not to pick up the Ramones. I already have the concert since it's in the It's Alive Deluxe box set as a CD. And recent RSDs have seen the release of a Glasgow show and an NYC Palladium show that were also part of the Rocket to Russia and Road to Ruin CD boxes, respectively. And I didn't hear any great difference/improvement in the vinyl over the CD. Both of those LPs are still widely available at the original price a year or more later so I think I'll wait to see what the reports are on the LP of It's Alive II before I decide.

16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Good point since I’ve got the box set already I might hold out and see if I can get it cheaper later

17. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

This Saturday’s RSD event will likely be the first one I sit out - or at the very least, the first one I don’t bother getting up early for. There’s only one title I’m even remotely interested in, which is the Hot Rats double 10”. Even though it’s got a relatively low print run, I’ll either try my luck later in the day, or to get it online. If I miss out, I won’t be that bothered, either.

Pretty much everything else I’m interested in, for what would have been the original April date, is all coming out on the October one.

Hopefully they’ll have the list for what’s coming out for RSD Black Friday soon.

Rekkerds likes this.
  18. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

I’m definitely looking for the Jerry Garcia set and perhaps the Doors. I did see the unboxing of the Doors and it looks like it mimics the Pretenders release this past RSD with the plastic outer. Why do they this ? Is this the way of future RSD releases ? Let’s hope not.

Tjazz likes this.
  19. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Also, The In Groove did an unpackaging video of the Alternate Rumours and confirmed this to be a Chris Bellman / Bernie Grundman project. I didn't need another reason to buy this but I just found one.

Christopher B and Blue Cactus like this.
  20. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

I really need the Bill Evans drop.

recstar24, JRose and vinylshadow like this.
  21. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Ugh...that is weak. That PVC cover is crap. Disappointed to see that have moved on from the 7" and 10" offerings on RSD to now 12" LPs.

22. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Officially a deal breaker for me. I was on the fence for this release and probably would've bought it just because it's the Doors but the PVC sleeve is enough to tip the scales for me. I'm passing on the Door Soft Parade Stripped Down. I think it will be easily attained well after RSD later just like Isle of Wight and London Fog (if I change my mind later but I doubt that will happen).

Tjazz and Mad Dog like this.
  23. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

I've noticed some stores listing pre-sale order prices upwards of $80-$90 for the album.

Just going to try my local shop on the day, see if they have one there. If not, I'm sure I can find it somewhere after RSD. It's got a huge print run.

Have to look online, see if anyone's done an unboxing or posted pics of the Hank Williams release!

24. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

Anybody have any insight about the Gun Club Live in London album for the 9/26 RSD? Is this just another radio concert slapped on vinyl and if so, anybody familiar with the performance?

25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I would never assume anything was cut analog unless it very specifically and explicitly says so. There are lots of ways to play word games (intentionally or unintentionally) to allow plausible deniability.

DTK, Zapruder and LivingForever like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.