RSD 2020 drop list revealed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sis+erRay, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I remember when he also had stores in Chester and Madison. I used to work in Madison so it was very convenient. I’m just happy he still has one store left.

I may go late Saturday or call. I’d like to get the Hooker n Heat and the Prine Atlantic set but I suspect I will be shut out.

2. Vinyl1969

Vinyl1969 Forum Resident

I grew up in NJ - Bernardsville. I loved going to Scotti's. Both shops. I used to go to Pellet Records in Morristown back in the 80's. Bootlegs and some rare stuff.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Pellet Records was also a favorite of mine, as well as Vintage Vinyl when he was in Irvington on the Irvington/Maplewood border (before he moved to Fords NJ and went really big).

Vinyl1969 likes this.
  4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

There is an Iron Maiden clear picture disc of the debut album coming in the fall RSD forum for the 40th.Cool,but I think I will pass.

Man at C&A likes this.
  5. Jachay

Jachay Forum Resident

I saw this today as being released on national album day on Oct 13. Do we know if this will be an added RSD release? Black Friday maybe?

6. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Alice Cooper 1982...I’m in!

7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Not sure it is on the official site.I have the last analog vinyl reissues and a first Japanese pressing.

Jachay likes this.
  8. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

I’m hoping to get Kink Kronikles, Who Odds and Sods and Ace Frehley Trouble Walkin’. Just hope the lines aren’t crazy.

9. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Thanks gonna have a listen!

10. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

this is available for preorder on Townsend Music’s website. I would love to order a special 40th anniversary copy of Iron Maiden’s debut album but I can’t get behind a picture disc of any kind. I’m hoping for an Indie Exclusive colored vinyl but will pass on the picture disc. It is a cool looking disc though.

Christopher B and Jachay like this.
  11. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I've been seeing a ton of items offered for sale ahead of Saturday. It seems like the flippers have the drop on us again. Tsk tsk.

ODShowtime likes this.
  12. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Right?! Initial data from Ebay is showing the Bowie's and Spacehog are going to be expensive if you don't buy one from your local record store. That's why I will be at my store early. I'm determined to get Resident Alien, ChangesNowBowie, I'm Only Dancing and Lions (Black Crowes). Otherwise I will not be able to afford them online.

13. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

I was able to get the last couple of Bowie live RSD releases after the fact online at normal-ish prices. But with enough people sitting this one out and opting to buy online only I am afraid what that is doing to do to the online price. My trick before was to buy them from stores listing them on discogs, not individual flippers. Just not sure if that'll work as easily again. I'm only willing to line up so early (and we're expecting rain here on saturday too...).

14. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Just received word that Songs For Drella is getting pulled until October, we're supposed to pull the copies we received and hold them until then. Anyone know why?

15. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I’ve been to Vintage Vinyl a few times. The store IS quite big.

ARK likes this.
  16. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

So my local kept my wish list I emailed in from March and has got everything bar one ..and doing a prebooked slot to collect and pay on Saturday ...so common sense has prevailed at last

ARK and LivingForever like this.
  17. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Take My Money:

Kink Kronikles
    Bowie Soul Tour 1974
    Gong Sheffield 1974
    DUNE OST
    Thelonious Monk 1963

Tempt My Money:

Hawkwind Quark Strangeness Charm
    Hawkwind BBC
    Dio 12"

18. ghoulsurgery

ghoulsurgery House Ghost

My store got everything I want, just heard from them. Woo!

ARK and JRose like this.
  19. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Beamish13 likes this.
  20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Kevin Gray cut it.

Haven’t listened to it yet.

Yayastone likes this.
  21. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Sorry if this has been discussed already - I havenʻt read the entire thread. Is the David Bowie Iʻm Only Dancing (The Soul Tour ʻ74) double CD a limited edition or will it have wide retail release? The RSD website doesnʻt indicate a limited quantity but it does say itʻs an exclusive RSD release.

22. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

I listened to the tracks from washington concerts. Amazing performance, but the recording is kinda rough.

Tommyboy likes this.
  23. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Thanks

I figured it would be sort of rough

Yayastone likes this.
  24. ObadaiaStane

ObadaiaStane Forum Resident

At least for the moment it is a RSD exclusive release, but taking into account the other two Bowie live show releases from previous RSDs then we should see a retail release on CD a couple months after the exclusive release.

To add a bit more, some people at one Bowie forum mentioned seen the CD for sale on Amazon for a couple hours, being actually sold by amazon and not third-parties, which could indicate an actual wider release sometime, but this is pure especulation.

25. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Unlike previous Bowie RSD releases where the CD came later, this time the CD is being released for RSD, too... and it, like the vinyl, is labeled an RSD "exclusive." So I'm not sure how it's exclusive to RSD (as opposed to "RSD First," meaning a separate release in stores later) and then comes out again in a couple months. I guess stranger things have happened! But for the most part, RSD Exclusive means that is the sole time it will be released in that particular configuration. Maybe they'll find a way to get around it and honor that language, but I wouldn't count on it getting a separate release if they've deliberately chosen the exclusive tag.

Cat People likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.