RSD Black Friday 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Oct 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

It's a decent list for the Black Friday releases. I went to all 3 RSD drops and got everything I wanted... Spacehog, Alternate Rumours, Nativity in Black, Skid Row, Bowies, etc. It pays to get up early and get at the front of the line. I will not be able to go to Black Friday so I don't think I'm going to do very well with my list. With that said, here is what I'm hoping to get:
    Aimee Mann Bachelor #2
    Alice In Chains Sap
    Anthrax Soldiers of Metal
    Buckcherry self/titled
    Linkin Park Meteora
    Rolling Stones Let it Bleed Collector' edition
    Willie Nelson Live at Austin City Limits 1976

Sean, Stormrider77 and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Ok so this is my aim:
    AIC
    Anthrax
    Chris Cornell
    Puscifer
    Shadows Fall
    Tesla
    Silent Night soundtrack
    :laughup:

Juggsnelson and Stormrider77 like this.
  3. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

Just a PSA for those interested in Tesla (like i was).. i did some research on the reissue label and consensus seems to be that they are full on crap. They also did an unofficial RSD october release for Cinderella so thats why I researched them. I find it hard to imagine this (crap) label can beat an Original copy especially when originals are cheap enough to snag.

JasonA likes this.
  4. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Thanks for clarifying. :thumbsdow

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

:doh: This already was released on black vinyl (Nov 2019) and clear vinyl (limited to 2,500). Now they're are doing a color variant for RSD. I'm pretty sure the black vinyl version is still in print. If not, it's still readily available.

So it's nothing like the Pink Floyd mono releases.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

And because it looks pretty cool.

7. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Forgive me, what was the record in question? Couldn’t be the Pink Floyd mono.

LordThanos1969 likes this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I quoted your post re: Let It Bleed.

If you click on the arrow within quotes, it should take you to the original quote post.

9. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Ahh gotcha. The only thing exclusive to this RSD release is color? I thought it was an all analogue pressing or something. They can limit it to 200 for all I care then haha.

ODShowtime and LordThanos1969 like this.
  10. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

The somewhat ironic thing, is that I’ve found the Black Friday Record Store Days to be the easiest to get product from, especially without having to get up too early. Generally, everyone else is out in other stores (big box and such) trying to score great deals there, so no one bothers to go to record stores. Granted, I have gotten up early for some of them, but I was one of a handful of people, rather than the usual long line. On most, though, I’ve been able to go late in the day and still find everything I was looking for. Sometimes even the next day. This year, too, I feel like a lot of folks will be doing their shopping online.

Christopher B and JRose like this.
  11. WHMusical

WHMusical Chameleon Comedian Corinthian & Caricature

The Jonathan Wilson's "Rare Blur" 12 inch Ep is the one I'll be looking and longing for the most.

djost and Sean like this.
  12. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Well, he did leave the band. At the rest of the band's behest.

apple-richard likes this.
  13. Kurt RUhlin

Kurt RUhlin Forum Resident

Nobody else looking forward to Crack The Sky’s RSD Black Friday release tribes? While I don’t have really high expectations this should be a fun political prog rock release. I was a big fan of their early stuff.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    tinnox and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I love them and I will be getting it for sure!

Kurt RUhlin likes this.
  15. oddsbodkins

oddsbodkins Forum Resident

Not sure where I'll be for this drop but I'm interested in Karen Dalton, Fred Neil and the Orange Crate Instrumentals.

16. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Nothing really jumps out at me for this event. Maybe it’s for the best as I spent a bunch on the 3 drops.

17. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

Me too. This is a must-buy for me. Luckily it's an RSD First, so a wide release is coming.

18. dekan

dekan Forum Resident

I want that Luther Dickinson album...only 900 being pressed, and it's regional.

ODShowtime likes this.
  19. Kurt RUhlin

Kurt RUhlin Forum Resident

I have my eye on that one too.

dekan likes this.
  20. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Have you seen the indie exclusive of Sweetheart of the Sun?
    - The Bangles - Sweetheart of the Sun

I'm personally not a big Bangles fan but I really like this LP and preordered it. Only 900 copies with originals going for big $$$. It's been out for weeks but nobody is selling out of it despite the low number pressed. I love the band's maturity on this album.

elgoodo, Sean and kouzie like this.
  21. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

In lockdown England is this stuff just going to be online at a set time?

22. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Depends, I’ve heard of a few stores doing click and collect during lockdown.
    One takes your card at the door and puts it through contactless for you so you pay as you collect.
    My local is online only from 6pm on the day, same as he was for each RSD this year.

Christopher B likes this.
  23. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

There is a Newbury Comics exclusive pressing limited to 300 as well:
    Sweetheart Of The Sun Exclusive LP

I have them both pre-ordered as well as having an original black vinyl copy from when it was first released.

Sean and JRose like this.
  24. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Oh man! I already preordered the indie exclusive. I don’t want two but really happy to get one. I would’ve preordered the Newbury version if I had known about it. Very cool!

ToEhrIsHuman likes this.
  25. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I don't suppose anyone has mastering or pressing details for Blows? Not stoked about the green vinyl, but there's not much else I'm keen on this round, so it is still on the list.

Some samples: George Coleman Quintet In Baltimore

I thought the Neil Swainson Quartet record they released for the first RSD drop this year was very well done. Pressing (at Standard Vinyl in Toronto, same as for the Coleman) was noise-free and sounded fabulous.

Sean and Briskit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.