RSD Black Friday 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Oct 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

huckd likes this.
  2. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

Rocketdog and Beaker73 like this.
  3. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

The Cinderella Heartbreak Station release was a LOT cheaper than seeking an original. I know firsthand the original is worth well over $100 in ok shape so I took my chances with the unofficial RSD release.

Rocketdog likes this.
  4. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I came across an original about a year ago in very good condition and it was only $35.
    ....that was a mistake passing it up.

5. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

I got an original Euro NM this year for 50p (= 60c)

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  6. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

All I want is AIC Sap, which is sooo much better than Jar Of Flies, and has some of the best songs they ever recorded.

I wish the Masters Of Reality was the S/T instead of the insufferably boring Sufferbus. That has to be one of the most disappointing 2nd albums of all time.

7. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

seriously?!? color me shocked. I picked this up for around $10-$20 sometime around 2008-2012. I assumed it was still pretty easy to find on discogs, etc

8. dee

dee Senior Member

Haven't heard it in years but it is a RSD First, so will have to wait it out a bit and revisit it.

9. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Not for me, this is a really cool record and I'm absolutely down with getting it, but of course respect your opinion and consider their debut release better though.

DrStroganoff, John D. and ODShowtime like this.
  10. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

Just got through the Masters release.

Great pressing, flat and quiet. I don't know if its an improvement over the original cd, but the bottom end seems a little more prominent.

If you like this album and always wanted it on vinyl, don't hesitate.

11. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Anyone have any idea if Aimee Mann's Bachelor No. 2 vinyl is going to include a download card?

12. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I think Smilers and Mental Illness both contained a download card, so I'd bet this one will too. But just guessing - don't know for sure.

tcj likes this.
  13. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

AIC’s Sap was mastered by Chris Bellman. It’s hard to imagine a better pressing than MOV but it’s CB. I’m going to have to try to buy this online. Hopefully I can pick it up for retail.

Stormrider77 and Grow Fins like this.
  14. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

They’re pressing 8500, so you should be able to acquire one without too much difficulty, or added cost.

15. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Looks like it was cut by Well Made Music. Their cuts aren't terrible IME, but nothing to get overly excited about since they usually just work from files.

16. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

The vinyl they do is nothing special IMHO.

17. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

18. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I just noticed Kenny Dorham, Quiet Kenny (mono), on the Canadian RSD-BF list, but it doesn't seem to be on the US list, and there's no details on the Canadian site. All I could find was one UK retailer who has it listed as a Craft Recordings / Decca release, but there's nothing on the Craft site. The listing below says, "Cut from the analog master, pressed on 180-gram vinyl at RTI and housed in a tip-on jacket." Anyone know more?

Intense Records | Buy Quiet Kenny - Kenny Dorham - Craft Recordings / Decca | Record Store Day Black Friday 2020

19. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Would it be crazy to buy the Stones release? I didn't realize it was $100, and wasn't impressed by the unboxing on the In Grooves YouTube page.

uzn007 and Christopher B like this.
  20. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Good question. I would pass if I had the opportunity. Just to have a color vinyl and a piece of paper... nope! If you buy it for an investment, sure, I guess. There’s a chump years down the road who would prolly pay $500.

Christopher B likes this.
  21. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Bought the cd way back when it was first released. Surprisingly good. (If you like mandolin music)

22. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Yeah I would think only to flip. But if it ends up sounding as good as some of the better one steps, I would be glad to own it.
    Kind of doubt it will tho.

23. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

You probably won’t be able to get your hands on it this Friday.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  24. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Hoping to get the Jorma and John lp. Been watching all the quarantine concerts and they have been awesome.

Crosseyed likes this.
  25. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Ahhhhhhhh!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.