Rubellan Remasters Hype/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Erick Haight, May 11, 2022.

1. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

And there's nothing to stop a mastering engineer from still squashing the heck out of a 35 year old CD rip!

Scott Davies likes this.
  2. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

3. JBozzioHam

JBozzioHam Forum Resident

Is that Andrew Eldritch?

whatprogress, Blair G., jimhb and 4 others like this.
  4. zardozislove

zardozislove Senior Member

Smuggle us the essentials!

longdist01 likes this.
  5. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

6. CD Addict

CD Addict Bonus tracks? Yes, please.

Not that Scott's referring to a movie soundtrack...but this one fits the artwork theme:
    [​IMG]

7. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

(insert spit take)

whatprogress, longdist01 and Curveboy like this.
  8. sinistrail sentinel

sinistrail sentinel Forum Resident

Well, its official. I won't be buying an entire box for this band, as I was only curious enough to explore them one album at a time (which is why the RR release would've been more appealing to me).

ispace and Galley like this.
  9. Dazbuff

Dazbuff Forum Resident

Maybe they will clear Scott to release his versions after a few months of this being out. Maybe Scott can complete this if he still wants to….

10. Scott Davies

I actually chose to cancel my releases. The negotiations with the manager and Universal UK were ongoing when I pulled the plug. I felt it was taking too long and didn't want to release mine too close to their box set (I knew November was their month), so I chose to scrap it rather than struggling to move stock. But as it stands, I still have over 900 copies sitting useless in my basement. I wasn't given instructions to destroy the stock, and I STILL haven't been refunded. Last month, there was finally some movement and the finance department had me send all sorts of business-related documents to get registered in a system that is supposed to be used for the refund. After providing everything short of a kidney I was told not good enough, so I wrote a detailed and frustrated email and took it up the ladder. I was eventually granted access to this system and told my refund had been submitted and would be with me in 1-2 weeks. More than 3 weeks later, still nothing and inquiries to finance are going unanswered. That Petrol Emotion, the headache that keeps on giving... My licensing contact is very sympathetic to the situation and has been trying to assist in the matter, but when it's big business each department is its own entity and another set of challenges to deal with. I'm still on the fence about getting this box set myself since the idea of the band makes me wince at this point.

I also reused the catalog number RUBY37CD and the assigned barcode for one of the upcoming Boingo related releases, but left 38 and that barcode alone since stock was manufactured and there is a small amount of copies floating around out there

11. Dazbuff

Dazbuff Forum Resident

So the small number floating around reminds me of a cdsingle I had to struggle to get as it had only a small amount made and had, at the time, a b-side song exclusive to this cd. The thrill of the hunt…..

12. Scott Davies

Maybe I'll just hand them out for trick or treat, might as well put 'em to use...

13. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Okay scott...trick or treat......no rock's please!!

14. ericthegardener

ericthegardener Forum Resident

Just saw one of the Rubellan Oingo Boingo vinyl reissues going for $98.00 at one of my local record shops.

15. Scott Davies

That's tacky and rude, but not surprising. I've had people telling me of seeing these in shops for $50 or so but this is the highest. People have really been exploiting it, and even taking advantage of me. I've had shops inquire about wholesale pricing, so I provide them a small bulk at a wholesale discount and then see them selling on Discogs for $50. If they're going to fleece buyers anyway then they can just buy them from me at regular price like everyone else, no more wholesale discounts. And if distribution is sold out, oh well. Right now, distribution has over 300 open orders for the Good For Your Soul LP but I've got just under 100 copies total left, and I'll just keep them for my online store. If buyers are interested all they need to do if they want one is a quick Google search to find my store if they aren't already aware of it.

I did get word that my Lad repress should be done very soon, and I hope so because I think the glow in the dark vinyl will be a hit for Halloween. I've also got a couple of my upcoming reissues pretty much ready for manufacture once I get the final word from Universal on the artwork I submitted.

16. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Scott, there's a seller on eBay trying to move your Lucifer - Black Mass CD for $338.99.

17. Dazbuff

Dazbuff Forum Resident

Or maybe as a thank you gift thrown in for all the orders you will be recieving when the new stuff comes out….

18. Scott Davies

That’s crazy, I think the going price has been around $40-$50.

Platterpus and longdist01 like this.
  19. Scott Davies

Track listings revealed soon, release and pre-order dates TBD:

[​IMG]

20. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

EXCTING!I am all in on any new c.d. reissues scott!

21. eclecticfiend

eclecticfiend wavy air aficionado

22. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Me too!

Any chance at a later date Alive will be available on CD? I prefer to buy your remasters than an old CD if that is in the works at some point.
    Thank you for these releases.

23. JFPickups

JFPickups Well-Known Member

Thank you Scott for giving us die-hard Boingo fans some great releases to look forward to in 2023!

24. stoneage romeo

stoneage romeo Forum Resident

Awesome news, Scott! You have curated a label with an incredible catalog. Kudos to you for slogging through what is, I’m sure, oftentimes thankless work. Is there any chance you might have the inclination and also be able to get clearance to compile the bonus material from all of the OB releases onto a multi-disk vinyl collection? I would be highly interested in such a release.

25. CD Addict

CD Addict Bonus tracks? Yes, please.

Can't wait to park these 3 new Rubellan Remasters CDs on the shelf right next to the other 4 Oingo Boingo releases Scott! Happy to part with my originals and can't wait to hear + see what you have in store for bonus material. Any chance of getting a unique collector's box to display these in...like the Missing Persons exclusive you had? Of course, not until you are finished with the complete catalog on CD...

jamesc, bluedemon25 and longdist01 like this.