Run Out Groove: fan-driven, vinyl-only label from Warner Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Apr 4, 2017.

1. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I just got the Machine Head DLP yesterday in the mail and did a quick comparison between that and my 2014 Metal Blade repress and the Run Out Groove release is the clear winner with respect to everything. Overall, the audio quality and dynamic range is a real improvement and the artwork is also better. Contrast is improved, less blurriness, sharp looking, and the tip-on jacket by Stoughton Printing (who also did the Tone Poet and Music Matters pressings for Blue Note Records) is superior.

Stormrider77 and gitsurfer like this.
  2. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I contacted them about the Monkees and it won’t be released until May 7. They take forever from between announcement of the winner and actual distribution.

3. I recently received a copy of Alejandro Escovedo's With These Hands. It is well pressed and has nice SQ.

4. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I see Primal Scream won the latest round. Anyone recall what the other two possible titles were?

5. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was three turns ago and that it was up against Sinead O'Connor and Marvelous 3 (although not sure of the titles)....maybe, again that's relying on my memory so might be wrong. Since then there has been two other winners, Monkees and Belly.

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  6. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Thanks - yeah, I have no recollection of this title being in the mix and so it made me question whether I missed the last round, which I thought was Belly. But I knew that Belly won, so... :shrug:

It's weird that they'd just be announcing the winner from three rounds ago now, no? Having a hard time following them these days and it seemed pretty easy in the beginning. Oh well, c'est la vie. :tiphat:

7. nosliw

Here's a couple photos of the new reissue/remaster of Fear Factory's Demanufacture, pressed at Record Industry in the Netherlands. Looking nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stormrider77 likes this.
  8. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I thought the Monkees release date was March 19. As of yet I have had no shipping notice. I've never ordered from them before so not sure how accurate they are with the dates.

9. nosliw

According to @Bradd, the Monkees ROG release is delayed and the new release date is May 7th, as per his reply below.

10. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

yeah went back to the site and checked. Kinda forgot about this order since it was months ago. I can wait a few more months I guess.

11. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Does anybody know what happened to the Warren Zevon- Live at the Roxy Deluxe release it went away on Amazon.

Have been really impressed with the Dusty release and Incredible String Band release of run out groove

Also excited to hear Primal Scream won

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  12. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I think this was posted elsewhere but the Monkees is now delayed until June 18.

ToEhrIsHuman likes this.
  13. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

DeRosa likes this.
  14. petercw2

petercw2 Forum Resident

I'll try in this thread: I've been attempting to find out RoG's plans for this first-ever pressing/vinyl release of Meshell Ndegeocello's "Peace Beyond Passion" dropping this upcoming RSD.
    Since it's never been pressed to vinyl, I have to assume they will either just press the digital master :realmad:, or do a proper remaster, specifically for vinyl :goodie: - but no matter what email I send or forum board I post to, no one seems to know or care to reply.

Anyone here know anything?

15. nosliw

My copy of Fear Factory's Demanufacture triple LP from Run Out Groove is on its way to my home from Run Out Groove.

As far as Run Out Groove goes, they usually get the original mixes from whatever source they got it from, create a dedicated master for vinyl, and then a lacquer cut by whatever cutting engineer they hired.

c-eling, petercw2 and Stormrider77 like this.
  16. nosliw

17. nosliw

Next round of votes:

Biohazard - Urban Discipline 30th Anniversary
    The Dead Milkmen - Eat Your Paisley
    Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York

Stormrider77 likes this.
  18. nosliw

I just got my Fear Factory triple LP set and I must say that the presentation and audio quality is top-notch. The remaster is far superior compared to the more compressed CD/digital medium and even the needledrop of the original European LP from 1994 that I got from a long time ago. Run Out Groove did an outstanding job with this release.

19. nosliw

Biohazard - Urban Discipline 30th Anniversary will be the new upcoming release by Run Out Groove.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  20. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I saw that the new vote is up and one of them is More of the Monkees. Now, I don't understand this. They issue the 1st LP as a standalone release. The limited yellow sells out in a few hours on the first day and the regular black has been getting some talk. Why would they issue the second LP as a vote choice? Why wouldn't they just do a standalone like the first LP? There are some people who are completists and don't want to hope against hope that it wins a vote.

21. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for the tip about new round of voting. I voted for Mance Lipscomb, as it's going to be from the mono analog master tapes.

I'm listening to the album on Spotify right now, and the stereo (vocals in left channel, guitar in right channel) is silly and distracting. Mono should be great; according to Discogs, the mono version hasn't might not have been on vinyl since 1961 (or since 1970, if those unspecified 1970 pressings were mono as well).

EDIT: The Run Out Groove description clears it up: "Hasn’t been available on vinyl since 1970! ... Lacquers would be cut from the original analog mono tapes. Mono version hasn’t been available on wax since 1961."

22. Jbrownie

Jbrownie Forum Resident

It's getting hard to get excited about pre-ordering, and being charged, for something that now takes over 8 months to receive.

slop101, groovelocked and Bradd like this.
  23. Ital Galore

Ital Galore Forum Resident

at the end of one side one can clearly hear the next song starting then interupted by the runout
    plus some have Wu-Tang Forever as the 3rd Lp

24. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I received a notice that the Monkees record is finally on the way, about five and a half months after I ordered it.

RobRoyF and johnnybrum like this.
  25. nosliw

New round of voting:

Chimaira - Pass Out Of Existence (Deluxe Edition)
    Mance Lipscomb - Trouble In Mind (Deluxe Edition)
    Flotsam And Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace

Stormrider77 likes this.