Run Out Groove: fan-driven, vinyl-only label from Warner Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

RobRoyF and ultron9 like this.
  2. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

Thanks for the heads up. I had forgotten about it. I’m not a huge fan of this label, not because they don’t produce great records but because they are so darned slow: I ordered The Monkees back in October and received it in the middle of July, basically nine months later.

RobRoyF likes this.
  3. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

So did everyone...it's not exclusive to Run Out Groove though, Covid has slowed everything to a crawl and presses are backed up. Before it only took about three months.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  4. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

Obviously I’ve experienced that as well but ROG seems worse than the others.

5. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

So, after months and months of waiting, they finally ship Barenaked Ladies Maroon and it's sent in a square mailer with absolutely zero protection inside.

The top right corner is completely crushed (worse than anything I've ever received that's been damaged like this) and the whole top of the sleeve has seam splits. I honestly can't figure out why in 2021 anyone is shipping records in square mailers. Needless to say, I fired off an email to them for a refund/replacement.

longdist01, MoonPanda and LeeGriffin like this.
  6. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Guys, please, please, please vote for Mutemath's Armistice in this round of voting.
    It only got one tiny vinyl pressing way back when, and is crazy expensive, if you can even find it, and RoG is promising bonus tracks!
    It's the only Mutemath album I don't have on vinyl.
    Apologies to fans of the other two bands, but Armistice is an incredible, under the radar, modern rock album.

Armistice by Run Out Groove - MP3 Downloads, Streaming Music, Lyrics

groovelocked and Dreaddazzman like this.
  7. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

don’t know it but gave it my vote for ya :righton:

slop101 likes this.
  8. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Any word on when the Old 97s is ever going to ship?

9. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Nothing that I've seen or heard, but if I had to guess it's still a ways off. I ordered Belly - Bees in Nov 2020 and just got it a couple weeks ago. BNL - Maroon was ordered Sept 2020 and just got it today. Guess we'll see.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  10. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

Morphine Cure for Pain Deluxe Edition is showing Dec. 10 as the street date, we shall see.

Still trying to figure out how this one never saw the light of day. It looked like a slamdunk and lost to L7. What? I'd love to see this surface somewhere.

MoonPanda likes this.
  11. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

This month's Run Out Groove vote goes to:

Fear Factory - Soul of a New Machine 30th Anniversary Edition
    Mutemath - Armistice
    Babes in Toyland - Nemesisters

As a big fan of Fear Factory, I'm definitely voting Soul of a New Machine.

Stormrider77 and jason202 like this.
  12. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I'm bummed Mutemath didn't get it last month, and now there's stiffer competition with Fear Factory.

nosliw likes this.
  13. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

Well I just got notification that there was a technical issue and my pre-order for the expanded Cure for Pain was cancelled, and the pre-order is sold out so they gave me a 10% off coupon code. WTH

14. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the way the label works is you order it so they have a rough idea of how many to make. Albums that are mastered well with seasoned cutters and going through one of the better plants isn't going to be a fast process.

Myke likes this.
  15. nosliw

jason202 likes this.
  16. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I really hope that's the case. My voted for albums haven't been winning lately. I'm still wondering if there's another outlet for that Jason Falkner reissue.

17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, I figured Fear Factory would beat out Mutemath this round. Hopefully MM will win the next one!

18. nosliw

Stormrider77 likes this.
  19. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Fortunately shipping appears to be free in the US, but damn, $55 for this set is pretty pricey! Of course I ordered it anyway, I love this album and the Fear Is The Mindkiller EP is also excellent. I saw them on tour with Sepultura, Fudge Tunnel and Clutch around the time this album came out and it's still one of the best shows I've ever seen. Their touring keyboardist was working the merch table.

Stormrider77 and nosliw like this.
  20. nosliw

I'd love to travel through time and see that tour with that line-up, especially Sepultura with their "classic" line-up.

I think the touring keyboardist at the time was Reyner Diego? I don't think Rhys Fulber of Front Line Assembly was touring with Fear Factory at the time.

Stormrider77 and jason202 like this.
  21. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Yeah, I'll agree that their prices do sort of seem to typically be on the "top end" of new vinyl prices, but the ones I've ordered have all been fantastic. The Dr. John LPs they've done have been real gems -- I mean among my favorite highlights of my collection -- and I have tons and tons of Dr. John and New Orleans music in general on vinyl, both old and current pressings. The Secret Machines records were pretty amazing as well. The Barbara Lynn Atlantic LP was super cool. But I tend to only buy their stuff if it's something I really have to have. That Sun Moon & Herbs 3 LP edition is a must-have for any fan of Dr. John.

joelee and Riktator like this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I believe you’re right.

nosliw likes this.
  23. ILoveLucille

ILoveLucille The infernal desire machines of Dr Steve Hoffman

24. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

longdist01 and ILoveLucille like this.
  25. ILoveLucille

ILoveLucille The infernal desire machines of Dr Steve Hoffman

The wording on the Super Fly description is curious:

Original album lacquers would be cut directly from the master analog tape source

Compare that with the wording on the other two records you can vote for:

Would be remastered for maximum fidelity and cut from original analog tapes

The difference between the two descriptions makes Super Fly more ambiguous than it would be taken on its own. At first glance, I assumed AAA for Super Fly. Now I'm less sure. Somebody should email them.

longdist01 likes this.