Rush - new 2015 vinyl and hi-res reissues thread. (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Or maybe intentional.

2. RushFrance

RushFrance Member

For those who raises itself the question, the 2015 remasters (24/192) for all RUSH albums are the best! :righton:

3. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Is it an RL copy? He cut the original.

4. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Pono say they now have the correct files for A Farewell To Kings.

Ian Kendrick (Moderator)
    Just out of our call with Pono. Looks like this is sorted. Pono report they now have the right files and will be contacting those that have purchased, provide a full refund and ask each customer to repurchase the new files. Timescales should be short for all of that - a day or two hopefully.
    With luck this is all over bar the shouting. Hopefully none of that either...
    best

ad180 and crimsun like this.
  5. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

I have a GK of ESL.

6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Has anyone emailed HdTracks asking if AFTK will ever be available via thier site?? I applaud them for ostensibly not posting it due to the file mixup, but it seems it's been sorted...so what's the hold up? :)

sound chaser likes this.
  7. I emailed HD Tracks customer service about a week ago and never got a response.

sound chaser likes this.
  8. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Thanks Billy. Keep us posted.

So for US customers, what is the safest bet for a proper 24/192 download? I know the answer is buried somewhere in this thread but I am being a bit dense at the moment :) Or Lazy..

9. I'm not sure if my email got lost in their system because their stated policy is to respond to emails within 48 hours. I will try again.

10. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Prostudiomasters

johnny q likes this.
  11. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

So Acoustic Sounds still doesn't have the proper version?

12. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Lovely....wonder if they even know that they were supposed to be receiving it in the first place.

This highlights yet another issue I have with this stuff...Pono doesn't even have a note on the site that the files are different; you have to dig into the community there (great as it is, you should be doing so anyway...still) to find this out.

AS seemingly STILL has no clue what they've got in their possession!

Easy to forget that we are the die-hards who keep up with this stuff...How the hell is Joe Public supposed to know what he's even paying a 40-50% premium for?

13. RushFrance

RushFrance Member

On Qobuz, AFTK 24/192 is at 12,23 €. This is the proper version?

14. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

Yes, this one is genuine. No cut off at 22 kHz.

15. Got an email from Amazon that Hemispheres release date has been moved up one day, to May 18th from May 19th, and therefore to expect it a day early. :)

16. Veovis

Veovis Forum Resident

AS have taken the faulty 2015 version of AFTK off the site and have told customers who have complained that they have recieved the correct files and will notify us when we can download them. What worries me is that this was like two weeks ago and still nothing. And still nothing at HDtracks either. There is something strange going on, that's for sure. Maybe some legal stuff? Will be very interesting to see what happens when Hemispheres is released next week.

17. Amperage

Amperage Forum Resident

The AFTK debacle is a bit ridiculous. I hope it gets solved quick! It's my favorite Rush album next to Hemispheres!

18. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Ditto :cry:

19. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Don't know as my post was from Pono's forum.

20. vanye

vanye Forum Resident

Finally got around to buying AFTK from highresaudio.com. To me it's just as brilliant as the other remasters. Count me one satisfied dude. :goodie:

21. I'll leave this here since it may be of some interest to the participants in this thread (just in case you missed the thread I created):

Shel and marblesmike like this.
  22. freemanl

freemanl Bass Lover

Pono hasn't contacted me yet. Anyone else contacted by Pono?

23. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Nope. I'm still waiting for my Pono Promise upgrades on all the Tom Petty albums, also. Timeliness is not one of their strong points.

24. redteck

redteck Forum Resident

For the record (pun intended), that moment a couple of minutes into Xanadu where Alex starts to come out of the clouds with the first proper guitar riff, and the bass and drums suddenly kick in with the wind sound effect is one of my favorite moments in all of recorded music. And it sounds amazing cranked up loud on the 2015 vinyl!

taramark, keiron99, DeanoBee and 2 others like this.
  25. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

After reading thru (I believe) all Rush re-issue and Hi-Res Audio posts, I've seen asked a few times if the 24/96 AFTK has been fixed as well, or just the 24/192, but haven't seen a response. Do I really need to plunk down the extra $7 and double the hard drive space (a la Van Halen)?