Rush "Permanent Waves" and "Moving Pictures" MFSL LPs

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Pericles, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pericles

Pericles Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Pericles

He posted additional pictures in response to my request. Nowhere do the labels state these are MFSLs (I didn't need to actually see the labels to know that). I believe these are somewhat common Dutch pressings.

3. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Yes, looks like he's trying to unload the Permanent Waves before the MFSL is released. Same old Ebay crap..... :sigh:

On a side note, are there plans for an MFSL Moving Pictures in the future?

4. Don C

Don C Member

I have the same pressing of permanent waves. It said half speed mastered on the packaging when I bought it. It doesnt sound very good though, it's nice and quiet, but theres not a lot of punch. I don't think that it's made from the original master tape.

5. Don C

Don C Member

I pulled out my copy of Moving Pictures, it's the same one shown in that auction. I'd forgotten that I even own this. But I checked the pressing information scratched into it, it was done by RL, Masterdisc. So that's good. But Permanent Waves doesn't have any initials, nor does it have the masterdisc inscription. Both of these were in those poly bags with the labels as shown in these auctions when they were new. And they were priced like audiophile records. My memory is hazy, but I think that I paid 18.00 each. But unlike that seller, I didn't keep the poly bags.

6. Pericles

Just to be clear, these are not MFSLs, eh?

Out of curiosity, when did you get these?

7. Don C

Don C Member

I bought them new, sometime in the early 80's. Of course they are not MFSLs, and I'm not trying to say that this seller is right to be keyword spamming them like this. He shouldn't do that, and sometimes eBay will close an auction if the problem is reported to them. But they are still interesting LPs. These two are the first that I've ever seen besides mine.

8. Pericles

It seems as though this seller has finally conceded that these are not in fact MFSLs. As such, he raised the BIN price from $50 to $75!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.