Rush's Alex Lifeson on opening for the New York Dolls

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Murph, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Neil might have had his mustache as early as late '75 for what it's worth. Evidence from that period is fairly scarce

imawalrus likes this.
  2. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

If he was, than I finally understand another Alex joke that he dropped during the dinner scene in Beyond The Lighted Stage.

3. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

Weren't all three members of Rush married at that point? I kinda doubt if they were interested in hanging out with the Runaways. Ged said Rush's credo was: books, drugs, and rock n' roll.

4. While I love Geddy, he should take some fashion cues from a guy like Bill Bruford. A classy gentleman who knows how to dress . . . :whistle:

[​IMG]

5. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Is he a Bruins fan? That's far from the first picture of Bill I've seen with Bruins swag.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  6. Actually, no. I asked him about it once a long time ago as I’m a die hard Boston Bruins (along with the Celtics, Patriots & Red Sox) fanatic, to say nothing of my affinity for him. He said he adopted it as his own brand of ‘B’ for the B’s in Bill Bruford. He said he simply fancied the way it looked. I was a little disappointed by his answer. But he looks better than Geddy does in a Habs sweater . . . :laugh:

ytserush likes this.
  7. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

Hilarious :D thanks for sharing :righton:

Murph and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  8. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Maybe he got the idea from Genesis. They seem to have worn them quite a bit. Maybe it was a tour rider thing?

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.