Ryan Adams - "Cold Roses" vinyl reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pawnmower, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

2. MattyDC

MattyDC Forum Resident

Can this be right? I gotta believe at this price it's the non-Pallas version, or Amazon has their collective head up their collective keister. Anyone order the $10 version that can confirm CB in the deadwax?

3. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

is this the album with Summer of '69 on it ?
    if so, then cool !

4. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

Many of the Pallas-CB albums are very cheap. Follow the Lights it´s around $6.

5. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

It has CB in the deadwax

It's 10 bucks because they literally put the vinyl and the custom inner into a poly outersleeve. Why they decided not to do a proper jacket this time is beyond me. Would have been happy to spend twice the money for that.

MattyDC and DaK like this.
  6. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

It’s a bit of a hit and miss, but all of CB cuts are very cheap and I think Easy Tiger was out of print!

MattyDC likes this.
  7. Dan33185

Dan33185 Dylan/Cohen/Adams/T. Buckley/Holly

There's no guarantee it will be, so I'd listen when you can.

8. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Ordered Easy Tiger from Amazon last week. Arrived literally stuffed into a 10.5 x 14 inch box, bent, filthy.

Exchanged for a new copy, arrived today, same exact thing. I might have to return this one as well and just call it day. Anyone else experiencing this?

9. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Amazon is hit or miss with its packing. It often depends on which distribution warehouse the item is coming from. I've had many problems with them over the years.. I just return the items when they are seam split or bent up. That's their problem. Learn how to pack something properly.

One thing I've figured out to sort of even the odds... is to check off ship in Amazon packaging when you can. I forget how it is exactly listed, but it is something to where it makes it like a gift, so that when you open the outer box the record is inside another box. Its not gift wrap. Its something to 'hide' the original packaging.

Its not a perfect science. Sometimes they don't offer this option. Sometimes they ignore this and just put the record in the outer box. But, most of the time, it will be in the mailer type box inside the bigger box. It cuts down on damage.

10. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Thanks for the response
    But regardless of there being an outer "gift" box or not, seems the inner box will still be 10x14. I've never had this happen before - they always shiped in nice record mailers in the past but either its a different fulfillment warehouse OR the lack of a jacket on this record is confusing someone.

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

No, it's the album with the extended version of "This Joke Isn't Funny Anymore"! :crazy:

trickness likes this.
  12. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

That would be my best guess...maybe try and order it with another record!?

13. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Easy Tiger comes in the polyvinyl outer sleeve, doesn't it. Its not a regular record jacket. I dont have this one yet. They probably have their dimensions set wrong for box size in their system. The suggestion to order another record could do the trick.

14. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Mine arrived perfectly packaged. But there was no inner sleeve, the vinyl was just put inside the PVC sleeve. Ordered it together with Follow the lights EP. Both are CB cuts pressed at Pallas!

15. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

There’s no inner sleeve on any of them

16. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

I have not listened to any of my Ryan Adams album since he got into trouble..... oh I lied, HeartBreaker

17. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Ok I did not remember if the first pressing had an inner sleeve. I did only remember this smelling, thick PVC sleeve, that this repress does not have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.