Ryan Adams - "Cold Roses" vinyl reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pawnmower, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I just happened to have ordered Gold last week because it was like 11 bucks on Amazon and to my great surprise it has CB in deadwax and pressed at Pallus USA. I then stumbled on this thread after a quick google search. As others have said, I do not think that any announcement was made but it appears at least some have been repressed and maybe even recut. I re-ordered Stone Roses yesterday and also placed an order for Cardinology (both from Amazon), I will report back on info when I get them. It would be great if anyone gets Jacksonville to do the same.

2. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Anyone have Jacksonville City Nights yet? I'd also like to see an Easy Tiger repress.

3. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

Cardinology has to be a repress of some sort. It was out of stock everywhere until late 2016.

I'd love a "normal" pressing of Easy Tiger with black vinyl and a jacket. The current super-cheap yellow edition that basically comes in a plastic bag is annoying in all facets to me.

I bought Gold and Cold Roses in 2015. I imagine they are the old Lost Highway editions. Gold has a lot of noise on the second vinyl, and Cold Roses is the version with the "bumpy" front cover but I can't remember what type of sleeves are inside.

4. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

Ok, I can no longer handle the suspense. I ordered 29 and Jacksonville City Nights.

Paul Beatty likes this.
  5. Paul Beatty

Paul Beatty Forum Resident

Well, the rumors are true. Proud owner of new GOLD 2LP - CB in deadwax and pressed at Pallas USA. Dead quiet too.....amazing! So, this begs the questions - what other LP's did CB do? Cold Roses, Cardinology, JCN,Follow the Lights EP? Any others.....need III/IV and Rock N Roll bad! Any chance this could be happening?

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  6. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

Gold, Cold Roses, 29, and JCN all have July 24, 2017 release dates on Amazon, so it stands to reason that this batch was recut by Bellman.

7. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I just checked Amazon because I'd like to order a few of the new LP's... The date listed on Gold is July 24, 2007. I'm thinking I'll take a shot on that one and see if I get the new cut.

8. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Gold is definitely from CB and Pallas USA ... I just got mine. I have had some pressing issues anyways ... but am hopeful an exchange will remedy the issue. The sides which had no issues sound really good.

I also just got Cold Roses yesterday and it also has CB in deadwax and is pressed at Pallas USA.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  9. I would be curious to know if these are 96/24 masterings that Bellman used? If so... I will have to add a couple more albums to my list, haha. The "heartbreaker" reissue is awesome - although all analog releases would be better but a pipe dream, I suppose.

10. rob macd

rob macd The sunshine bores the daylights out of me

I received mine
    Gold & cold roses are bellman
    29 is Pallas but initials in dead wax are BG

11. rob macd

rob macd The sunshine bores the daylights out of me

Any chance demolition was redone

12. Those are all listed as "coming soon" on his official store: Vinyl

13. Paul Beatty

Curious - what sides of Gold had issues?

14. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Copy 1 was perfect except for disc 1 side 2. It had no noticeable defects but had a constant crackle throughout the whole side. Repeated cleaning on my VPI 16.5 did not produce better results and either did 3 or 4 plays. The other 3 sides were dead quiet.

Copy 2 had some sort of weird almost fog on disc 1 side 1 on the last song. I have never seen this defect before ... it's almost like non-fill but instead of the little ribbon striations that I have normally seen its a whole white fog. Really weird. I had hoped it was just a minor surface marring that wouldn't affect play but the song is completely unlistenable. Out of interest I listed to side 2 of disc 1 and unlike copy 1 it was perfect. I didn't check out disc 2 because I planned on just keeping copy 1 's disc 2 since I know its perfect.

15. Paul Beatty

Thanks - back to my new Gold LP...fingers crossed

16. danielm

danielm Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on the sound on these reissues vs previous pressings. Apart from being quieter, does the mastering/sources sound different?

17. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Let us know who cut them and how they sound once you get them!

18. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Bernie! Chris Bellman works at Bernie Grundman's joint, doesn't he?

Johnny Wong likes this.
  19. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

So why press and cut in better quality and 'forget' about the original innersleeves? I hope PaxAm will do them too in the future?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Are these new cuts available now on Amazon?
    Should I double dip considering I have originals?

21. I always have bad luck with these things on Amazon.ca so I'm hesitant to order from them and wind up with an older copy.

Do the new ones have any identifiable sticker on the front?

22. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

My Gold and Cold Roses came from Amazon ... still waiting on Cardinology. Of course that's US amazon so who knows about stock in other countries.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  23. B.Bartokomous

B.Bartokomous Senior Member

I ordered Jacksonville City Nights from Amazon last week. It arrived today. It is not a Bellman (or Grundman) cut and it was not pressed at Pallas. It's a United pressing.

KOWHeigel likes this.
  24. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Everything I can see seem to indicate it is still the old New Highway pressing...

25. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Thanks for letting us know.

B.Bartokomous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.