Ryan Adams - "Cold Roses" vinyl reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pawnmower, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, and I had a similar sort of issue ordering a Chris Robinson Brotherhood album from Amazon.ca - people ordering off US sites were getting a newer, better pressing while Amazon.ca was still shipping the initial, terrible pressing of the album. Tried my luck and got the bad pressing.

2. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

As previously reported, mine is also cut by Grundman. Flat, quiet and sounds great, just like Cold Roses.

I canceled my JCN order on news it's not a new cut.

3. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

I think I recall Bellman cut the original III/IV too. I'll check later. They could probably use the same parts if they ever reissue it.

4. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

I haven't done a direct comparison but I can tell you that the older issues of his Lost Highway stuff never grabbed me and I essentially never listened to them, even though I have loved the music for years. Both of these grabbed me pretty quickly. Cold Roses and 29 sound open and dynamic, so if that's not you're experience with earlier pressings I'd go for these in a minute. $10 shipped for 29 on Amazon!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I'll take Pallas German pressed wax over inner sleeves all day. There are inserts for all your liner note needs.

ramdom likes this.
  6. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

Please copy them for me then....

7. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

So is the consensus that Gold, Cold Roses and 29 are all new cuts by either BG or CB and pressed at Palais? No other titles yet?
    I can't seem to find them on Amazon except Gold, and that didn't show up in a regular search. Weird.

8. Beatles4503

Beatles4503 Senior Member

Do these reissues have 2017 or 2016 noted in the fine print on the back of the cover? How can we tell them apart from previous issues? For example my Gold lp is noted as 2003 and 2007 on the back and also with a Lost Highway label.

9. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I could find no discernible difference between my two copies of Cold Roses except for the actual discs themselves.

10. Paul Beatty

Paul Beatty Forum Resident

Ok, so little confused here. My Gold 2Lp (newly cut CB version) had no inner sleeves with lyrics, etc, just plain paper sleeves. Do any of the other vinyl versions of Gold contain a lyric sheet or printer inner? Someone mentioned that "29" arrived with only paper sleeves, does that mean no printer inner...is this the case? Just trying to figure this out - do we have new discs only but all contain same inner sleeves, or did they remove the printer inners?

11. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

My 2003 Gold has nothing but paper sleeves.
    29 and Cold Roses both have a single page colour insert.

12. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Thanks for the update. Too bad JCN isn't a new cut, but it is listed as "coming soon" on his website, so maybe we will get a fresh cut soon.

I believe that the Follow the Lights EP is reportedly also a new Bellman cut.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  13. Paul Beatty

Just looked at my copy of Cardinology on vinyl. It has CB in deadwax, I purchased about a year ago - blue wax, no 7' single inside, no printed inners, no comic book or download card. Does not look to be pressed at Pallas though. Did anyone receive their new Cardinology?

14. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

One of the few RA vinyl that I think already sounded great

15. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

Jacksonville City Nights or Follow the Lights?

16. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Follow The Lights

17. Beatles4503

Beatles4503 Senior Member

If you go on Pax Am Records' website you can see that reissues of Gold, Demolition and Cold Roses (among others) are coming soon. Is it possible that some of you have these reissues? I would think that the reissues (cut by Chris Bellman) would no longer have any reference to Lost Highway on them?

18. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

I want to look into this. Lost Highway vinyl was absolute garbage. I'd like to have a new pressing of 29 first. There is something worked into the vinyl on the right channel during "Starlight Diner" that annoys the crap out of me and that's even after cleaning it down.

Lost Highway was so, so cheap and their QC was trash.

19. Paul Beatty

Ordered 29, FTL and Cold Roses from Amazon USA - all arrived - all are new pressings from Pallas. Thanks to all for the tips on this thread. We need someone to try JCN and Cardinology - gotta hunch these may be new pressing too. I guess a deal was made with Ryan Adams and Pallas for new pressings. Oh, FTL is still a BG by the way, but new PALLAS pressing and new "nice" inner white sleeve.

painted8 likes this.
  20. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I can confirm Cardinology from Amazon is CB and Pallas.

dtuck90 likes this.
  21. Paul Beatty

Thanks for the Cardinology update. Curious was it blue vinyl?

22. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Nope, standard black.

Johnny Wong likes this.
  23. Paul Beatty

Wow! OK, now we need a Jacksonville City Nights and Demolition to check out.

24. Granadaland

Granadaland Forum Resident

Could anyone kindly confirm if the new CB/BG versions have different barcodes to the previous lost highway versions?
    Want to get the new but buying from the UK.
    Thanks

25. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

And if someone happens to order from amazon UK could you please let us know if they are the new CB/BG Cuts.

JimmieP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.