Ryan Adams Heartbreaker Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wbhendrix, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Just getting around to listening the Deluxe CD and it's bloody great!

2. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Just picked this one up yesterday and I must say it's great! Have listened to the bonus disc three times through now and it's a great listening experience. Some stunning alternate versions, brilliant outtakes, funny throwaway studio crap and some lesser material. But as a whole I'd say, if you're a fan of this album this is a must have!

Grampire and SteveFff like this.
  3. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Any other thoughts on this set?

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Well they only reissued this in standard form a few months back. Unlike previous releases this is an excellent pressing. Can't see the extra material is worth the outlay. Another case of optimistic pricing.

5. IMHO the extra material is definitely worth the outlay.

6. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

My thoughts are this set is fantastic and all of Ryan's albums should get the deluxe treatment. Get it!

Also, does anyone have a list of what tracks on Disc 2 have been previously released?

Heart of Gold likes this.
  7. John-Adam

John-Adam Forum Resident

This album is just the "tip of the iceberg!" I think the music keeps progressing as Ryan discovers what he has to do to truly comes to terms with himself and his issues.
    Too Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) is a highlight here. This is far from his best work, but certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from taking a listen.

I think the 35-present age Ryan Adams is best version of himself.

mikeyt and Yorick like this.
  8. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

I think that Ryan is 42 this year.

Yorick likes this.
  9. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I picked the deluxe set today.
    Just watched the DVD so far.
    I love the live performances.
    Too bad the video is a bit rough.
    Would have loved this professionally shot.
    Can hardly wait to hear the out takes.

John-Adam likes this.
  10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FYI, I just cleaned the vinyl in the deluxe box and the Bernie Grundman cut of the original LP in the deluxe edition does not appear to be the same metal as the recent BG cut vinyl re-issue. I have not had a chance to compare to see if there is any appreciable difference between the two.

johnnypaddock and Geee! like this.
  11. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Is there a difference between European and US vinyl versions? I bought mine here in the Netherlands and while the packaging is lovely, the records are GZ garbage. Pop 'n crackle galore, even after several spin cleans. And the first record is not cut by Grundman. The mastering itself is good, but for such a quiet recording to have a fireplace going on in the background. :cussing:

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

??? If the euro is not Grundman and the US is, then yes there is a difference.

13. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

To be more specific: the first of the four records isn't the grundman cut. The other three are. Do the us boxes have 4 grundman cut records?

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yes

15. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Has anyone compared this to the old Cooking Vinyl release? Wondering if it's worth it to update my copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.