Ryan Adams Heartbreaker Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wbhendrix, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots Active Member

Does it include a download card/code? If so, is it for all tracks or just the main LP? And what format is the download (MP3, WAV, FLAC)?

2. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Yes it includes download card. 24 Bit or "cd quality" are your choices

dtuck90 likes this.
  3. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Fantastic news thanks

Peachy likes this.
  4. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Was it ever determined if this is AAA?

5. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Amazon parcel was waiting for me when I got in from work
    Just broken the seal and listening to disc 4, pre-album demos. Vinyl looks flat & clean, "BG" in the deadwax.
    Demos are quite lo-fi recordings so probably not the best place to start if you're looking for feedback on the mastering, but great atmosphere
    NP

dtuck90 and Peachy like this.
  6. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

How is the live show on the DVD?

7. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Does the UK version come with a hi res download?

8. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Yes, the UK version does come with a download card (I think it says for HD and mp3, but I'll check later). Unfortunately I have been unable to download the files, first a security problem re. the http address and then an error relating to the file download itself (something about SSL??), so I gave up. I'll try again over the weekend. BTW I never managed to successfully download the hi rez files from the earlier Heartbreaker reissue so maybe I'm not the best person to ask!
    NP

9. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

OK, I'm back from work and sat in front of my PC.

I can confirm that the download card states "this coupon allows you to access all the tracks from the LP either mp3 or HD download".

When I try to access the supplied HTTP address I get a privacy error (using Chrome) or Error Code 29 "SSL connection has failed" (using Firefox). I'm no techie so I'd be happy to take any advice and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been able to successfully download the files.

Meanwhile I will work my way through the vinyl over the weekend and will report back.

BTW the boxset package is very solid, no separate booklet but a nice essay from Ethan Johns, The credits aren't particularly detailed but it's the music that counts!

NP

mikeyt likes this.
  10. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

I bought the 192/24 high res download version from his store and still no email yet for the digital album? The extra tracks are 96/24 though.

11. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

Is the 192 version still available on his site? I can't find it.

12. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

13. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Listening to Bartering Lines on side 7 - the track cuts straight in, like the tape wasn't rolling when the first note was played.

I've checked back to my old Destroyer bootleg and it comes in with the same glitch there, so I'm presuming it's from the same source tape.

Can anyone confirm that's how it sounds on the CD or digital version?

NP

14. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

Just watched the DVD.

It's a club show, and it's dark. And never filmed for release, obviously. So visually, you don't see much unless there's a close-up of Ryan's babyfat face.

But the sound is good--performances are great.

15. cjp123

cjp123 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the information on Discogs is correct regarding the 4lp/dvd release? Says it was pressed at GZ and mastered at Lurssen Mastering? Would this be only for sales in Europe, or does someone have a USA purchased set that can confirm that this was mastered by Grundman and pressed at Pallas?

Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker »

16. ksuwdboots

ksuwdboots Active Member

I don't have the US pressing yet, but I find it odd that the Discogs listing states mastered by Gavin Lurssen but also states the initials BG are in the runout for sides C-H.

17. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Had a brief listen to clips on Spotify - my goodness, this is a treat for fans of his work from this period. The closeness of the outtake of Oh My Sweet Carolina was beautiful in my headphones. The sound of those drums on these sessions is truly wonderful. What a treat.

18. cjp123

cjp123 Forum Resident

Does seem strange that Lurssen would only master the first half of the original album? Something must be wrong with the Discogs listing. I asked because I was just about to buy this--but wanted to double check what's up with both the mastering and the pressing. I don't recall PaxAm pressing at GZ before--which admittedly has improved in my book, but not my favorite pressing plant out there.

19. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

As a compromise I picked up the recent 2LP re-issue and have the deluxe CD set waiting on my door mat. I'm no audiophile but I like the vinyl copy I have - do we know if it's the same master? The download that came with that worked for me.

20. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

Got the cd version - sounds fantastic.

Grampire and mikeyt like this.
  21. Shank's Pony

Shank's Pony Forum Resident

Just to confirm - my vinyl copy, bought in the UK, is GZ pressed. Sides 1 and 2 are not the excellent recent Bernie Grundman mastering. Discogs matrix numbers are correct. The other sides are all done by Bernie though. Wonder what happened to the metalwork for the first record?

Disappointed it's GZ. Pressing looks clean’ish for them. Side 7 looks like it may be noisy from non-fill - Though I won't be playing this for some time to find out, as everything is packed away whilst doing renovation to the house.

hamicle likes this.
  22. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

Are there ever any LP reissues that come with digital downloads and/or concurrent high rez releases that turn out to be AAA vinyl?

marcb likes this.
  23. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

I suppose the answer to that is not really.

tremspeed likes this.
  24. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

Not to be snarky. I just can't really think of any. I usually take it as one or the other.

Paully likes this.
  25. ivor

ivor Senior Member

There's an official clip from the DVD that they uploaded to youtube today, might help you gauge:

Mr. H likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.