S&G end tour in Tampa

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ted Bell, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist Thread Starter

FEELING GROOVY

Simon and Garfunkel ended their "Old Friends" tour with a great show in Tampa last night. The first half hour last night saw Artie enjoying himself, while Paul performed in a professional manner, barely cracking a smile. After singing "Kathy's Song", Art mentioned that it's easy to sound good when you have such great songs and waved his hand toward Paul. After that, Paul seemed to loosen up and there seemed to be genuine affection and chemistry between the two. The set list was similar, if not identical to the one Mark posted for the Mohegan Sun show In November-about 2.5 hours long. The boys did come out for what seemed to be an impromptu third encore where they did a loose, jamming reprise of Mrs. Robinson, already sung once earlier in the show.

The Everly's segment was a nice treat and there was also a lot of hugs and kisses as they left the stage. The sound at the typically poor sounding St. Pete Times Forum was excellent and we had a great vantage point 5 rows up from the floor at about a 45* angle to the stage. My wife noticed the Mayor of Tampa sitting a couple of rows up from us and the Mayor of St. Petersburg was also spotted wandering around the crowd. Our tickets were priced at the top rate of $125 + assorted TM charges per. It was well worth it-FANTASTIC CONCERT!!!

Jay

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I just wish they could make it over to Europe! :sigh:

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Re: Re: S&G end tour in Tampa

Nothing official yet, but from what I've been hearing, that may yet happen.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Re: Re: Re: S&G end tour in Tampa

Wonderful news reechie that's one concert i will not miss!

alexpop:thumbsup:

5. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Sounds like the tour was a success. They made a lot of people happy. Hope they enjoyed it too. Wish they'd swallow their pride and collaborate on an album, too.

6. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Ted: that sounds like a great ending! The on stage banter was basically the same at each show, with Paul appearing to loosen up, as you wrote, about halfway through. Just a great, great show! Artie's got a bunch of solo shows scheduled for the first quarter of the New Year, as well, so doubtful they would get any studio time in soon. But, you can bet a live album and DVD aren't far away. At least before, the CSNY2K one, that is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.