S.H.'s...PEGGY LEE "LATIN ALA LEE" CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris C, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

OK - thanks for the lead. Tomorrow.

2. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

I'm very excited that S&P (with Steve's help) might release more Peggy Lee product! That is grand news!

I've been listening to both the new S&P and the DCC version of Latin A La Lee, lately - I could not believe how different they sounded even though the DCC came out in 1999.

I happen to like them both. I pretty much agree with Steve's assessment of the differences between them, but I do not think the DCC sounds bad at all. It definitely floats in the room quite pleasantly. Still, if I really had to pick a favorite, I'd probably go with the S&P. It sounds more like a warm LP. I can't believe that a little echo makes such a difference... I certainly don't notice the echo.

The new S&P Bewitching-Lee! is also top drawer. It is - in my opinion - far superior to the DCC issue. Again, I was quite surprised.

Both S&P titles are great examples of vintage mono and stereo sound.

So far, my only disappointment with S&P is that they need to release more stuff! (I know that's probably not *their* fault, though.)

There's so much vintage Capitol catalogue stuff that S&P could do wonders with!

3. Mattb

Mattb Senior Member

Nice job Steve. It sounds great, like it was recorded yesterday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.