Sad news, our Audiophile friend Warren Jarrett has passed away..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Kuegeman

Ken Kuegeman Active Member

Steve,

Good to hear from you. Too bad it’s under such horrible circumstances. How are you? When did Sandy “pass”? I just found out today, 8/2/‘20. Will there be a memorial service? I’d love to come over and see/hear what your system sounds like. And if you are ever in the Long Beach area, “come on down”, ( I live very close to the 405/710 interchange). Talk soon, Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2020
  2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I'll email you tonight..

3. IanL

IanL Senior Member

I once asked a question in a thread where Warren and others were discussing VTA. I was lost. Next thing I knew, I was talking to Warren on the phone and he was walking me through what to listen for. It took me a while to trust what I thought I was hearing, but he gave me the listening “tools” I needed to figure it out. Records on my system have sounded great ever since his little lesson. Warren was so generous with his time and sharing his experience. I’m very sad we have lost him.

4. gov

gov Forum Resident

Wow I’m just seeing this. So sad. RIP Warren and condolences to his friends and family.

I’ll miss His thoughts and practical advice on all things audio but especially MC carts, VTA, SUTs and of course audio note gear.

really sad.

Slimwhit33, IanL and Rolltide like this.
  5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I just saw this. It's never a good time when a forum member passes. R.I.P. Warren.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Forum Resident

Rest in peace, Warren. Your kind soul, wisdom, and passion will be sorely missed by many!

AmericanHIFI likes this.
  7. mr clean

mr clean Forum Resident

8. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

This is very sad news indeed. Warren was the first person I met in person from the forum. I was struggling getting a turntable setup and he invited me to his "Audio Home" to bring the turntable so he could set it up for me. We spent some great time together listening to some records and talking music. He will be sorely missed here by all the members he interacted with.

RIP Warren, we will miss you!

9. XUR

XUR Well-Known Member

This is such sad news. I emailed him at the beginning of August just to ask a few questions and check in, but did not receive a response when he was usually very prompt.

I purchased my set of Wenge AN/Es from Warren last year and I'm glad I made the decision to do so through him. He was a great person to talk to.

RIP Warren

SandAndGlass and rockin_since_58 like this.
  10. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

This is terrible news, condolences to friends and family.

11. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

Warren was a good person. Godspeed

12. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I just saw this today. RIP Warren.

13. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Bummer! RIP

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. Eyexlr8

Eyexlr8 Member

So sad , he had gotten me a couple boron cantilevers and a nice gentle soul to converse with at the Irvine show.

RIP and condolences to his family and close friends

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.