Sales on record cleaning machines ever?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Michael Renwick, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Renwick

Michael Renwick https://www.reddit.com/r/VPIturntables/ Thread Starter

Does music direct or acoustic sounds ever have sales on equipment like the VPI Cyclone?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

It depends on the brand and model. I think they go on sale on very rare occasions. You're more likely to see bundling with other cleaning products and accessories. An example would be Music Direct including their MoFi cleaning fluids and brushes. I do recall some sales on these. But, they aren't frequent. There are some brands that tend to always be on sale like Pro-Ject. Others like Okki Nokki often include the accessory dust cover as bonus. The older brands like Nitty Gritty and VPI are less frequently discounted, but it happens. I tend to think all of these products are overpriced. But, a $100 discount can be enticing if the Cyclone is discounted and the standard model isn't. These are very niche products and even a Spin Clean is overpriced IMO. Still they are effective but their are cheaper less elegant options like the Record Doctor and those where you use an external wet vac.

3. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I'd look at The Cable Co. used section. They occasionally have older VPI 17F machines- you want the F version with fan. It was a very robust machine, you don't need the fluid dispensing function in my estimation but it will probably be half the price of a new Cyclone. I think they provide a warranty. The main expense of these things is the motor and as long as the innards aren't all rusted out- something you could verify with them before you buy- chances are you could source a replacement motor when you need it on the open market for less than the cost charged by VPI.
    My VPI was still going after 30 years when I finally gave it to a friend.

chazz101s likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.