San Diego CD stores?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by fsutall, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member Thread Starter

I'll be in San Diego for a conference this week and should have some spare time for a little CD shopping, and would appreciate any recommendations for finding used CDs in particular. I'll be staying downtown near the convention center but will have a car. Thanks!

2. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

Lou's. In Encinitas, which is about 15 miles north of downtown, off I-5.

I lived in SD all my life until one year ago, when I retired and moved away. Give them a call first, make sure they're still in business. I'd be surprised if they aren't, it's been the best new and used CD store in San Diego for a long time. Not hard to find, but get directions from them.

Warning: I-5 is VERY heavily used, and is often a virtual parking lot. Avoid going either direction during the rush hours, middle of the day is best chance of not getting stuck in stop-and-go hell. Log on to CalTrans or one of the TV Station websites for a traffic check before venturing forth.

Check out Lou's video annex too.

3. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

There's a Tower Records near downtown by the Sports Arena, which is one of the best Towers in CA.

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I agree here - has a nice section of used discs near the front.

5. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Lou's is still in business. They have a used CD/Vinyl store, a new CD/Vinyl store and the Video annex.
    Lou's is the best indpendent CD/Vinyl store in San Diego area.
    Another independent CD/vinyl store is "Off The Record". This is much closer to downtown San diego located in Hillcrest which is only 4 1/2 miles drive from Downtown. They carry new and used vinyls and CD's.
    Tel No. is (619) 298-4755.
    Address: 2912 University Ave
    San Diego, CA 92104
    If you like to go to Tower Rec. there are two. One in Sports Arena and the other one is in La Jolla.

6. This is good stuff to know. Looks like I'm going to start making regular trips to the south.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.