Santana “Caravanserai” 4ch SACD 30.11.2022!!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kopczas, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Kopczas

Kopczas No nonsense audiophile Thread Starter

2. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

3. Kopczas

Same here :D

tug_of_war and Sis+erRay like this.
  4. shakti

shakti Senior Member

5. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

I wonder how the Quad mix will sound compared to the regular stereo that I am familiar with.
    I have a sacd player, but only a stereo (2 channel) setup.

tug_of_war likes this.
  6. Great news! Will get this one.

And I am really hoping that "Borboletta" will follow sometime in the near future.

rxcory, pscreed, Beefalo and 4 others like this.
  7. shakti

shakti Senior Member

They will undoubtedly do Welcome first as they appear to be doing these strictly chronologically. This and III as well as the Santana/Buddy Miles live! are coming at their 50th anniversary, so if that schedule continues we will see Welcome next year and Borboletta in 2024. Hope they speed up and put them out before that though.

Oatsy, pscreed and GregM like this.
  8. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

order placed, thank you.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  9. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I haven't gotten any of these yet because they're a bit pricy, but this one I can't pass up. I've never ordered from CDJapan before either. Are they the best source for these or can we get them stateside?

10. Kopczas

Do you own the first Japanese SACD release? I hope that this edition will contain audio from first SACD release. If it`s upsampled Anesini remaster it will be disappointing. Stereo I mean.
    On the photo from cdjapan it looks like this release will be similar to latest TOTO IV SACD release from Japan: a lot of extras, beautiful printing and most important, audio is from previous SACD release.

ispace and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  11. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

My opinion is that if this is a set you have to have and don't want to risk getting closed out later, CD Japan is your best source. You can always wait until Import Cds or another stateside source gets them in, but you risk the chance of it being sold out.

Shawn, footlooseman and Tristero like this.
  12. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

CD Japan will pack it securely too. I go with the standard DHL shipping and they are usually at my door in about 3/4 days. Mine came out to a little less than $46.00 shipped for Caravanserai.

clhboa and footlooseman like this.
  13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Does their standard DHL Shipping include a Tracking Number. It has been about 3 years since I last placed an order with CDJAPAN and forgot which Shipping option I had selected. They do package their items securely.

14. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I thought this came out months ago?

15. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

I believe it does if I remember correctly. I purchased Toto IV and Caravanserai together, and I'm pretty sure the invoice showed tracking for DHL and Fedex.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  16. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Yes CD Japan is the best source. Well packed and you can select between EMS, FedEx, and DHL shipping. Also the Yen is currently being crushed in exchange rate, load up on all things japan right now. I have 3 open orders at CD Japan currently, this will be added to one.

The Hud and footlooseman like this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I have the other four Santana reissues in this series and the Miles Davis as well. As far as I can ascertain all the resolutions in these packages are new remasters (that sound very good).

rxcory and Kopczas like this.
  18. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

I’ll say it again: One of their best, probably #2.

19. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Santana III was my favorite from the first era but overall this was the most interesting lp he ever released

20. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

There is a God, been waiting for this. Ordered, it was one of my first quad albums back in the day. Please Santana/McLaughlin next and then Mahavishnu Between Nothingness

pscreed, dylan1974, shakti and 2 others like this.
  21. Chris Schoen

They never topped that album (imo).

pdenny, Blair G., Boaz and 3 others like this.
  22. Chris Schoen

So, besides the mastering (which seems uncertain at this point,) does the Quad "mix" played in 2 channel stereo sound much different (better?,) than a regular cd of this album?

23. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Awesome. I have all the other Japanese SACD releases and all of them are stunning.

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Oh nice! Just saw the headline and this made me think: will it be packaged like the Lotus SACD set (7'' sized LP replica)?
    [Edit:] Looks like it will be packaged that way. The enhanced CD holder looks just like what I saw on the Lotus and Bitches Brew SACD reissues. Great!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  25. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Same, and I’m in for this release as well :righton:

Instant Karma and Lonson like this.