Saturday Night Fever 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FACE OF BOE, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Did Bellman cut the Vinyl in the set?

hi_watt likes this.
  2. K.K. Bing

K.K. Bing Forum Resident

I bought this box set and I would like to know if anyone has the same bad experience.

The quality of the box is poor. As one reviewer on Amazon.com noticed: it looks like Capitol/Universal made some mistakes with the foil embossed process on the outer box. Just by touching it, you can damage the box. Although mine was sealed and carefully packaged by Amazon, it came already with multiple scratches. The black layer is damaged quite easily and a metallic underlay shows through, magnifying the imperfections.
    Hopefully you understand what I mean, as English isn't my native language.

As I live in the Netherlands and bought the box at Amazon.com (USA) I think returning the box and asking for a replacement causes a lot of hassle. And from what I read at the Amazon-reviews, there's a big chance I get a damaged box as a replacement, because there seems to be a problem with the production of the box. Anybody out there who bought the box and has the same complaints? If so, would it be an option to report this to Universal and claim a refund? I suspect they really don't care, though.....

Boxy likes this.
  3. Massproductions

Massproductions Forum Resident

I agree, the 1995 Polydor is a bit bright, the waveforms look like digital noise reduction might have been used, then the high end goosed up?

Boxy likes this.
  4. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Apologies for this nitpick, but Waveform's are not an indicator of Noise Reduction. I'm also not a fan of the 1995

5. Massproductions

Massproductions Forum Resident

Since when? I transfer tapes all day. I know what a normal wave form should look like and when something looks processed.

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

What are the signs of NR on a waveform?

ispace and marcb like this.
  7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Problem is, the labels think new remixes will attract new (read: millennial) buyers. It never does. It's also so more people generate revenue. For me, most new remixes suck balls, and hold no interest.

ferdinandhudson likes this.
  8. Boxy

Boxy Forum Resident

Yet again a missed opportunity for the Bee Gees Catalog

ferdinandhudson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.