Saturday Night Live (SNL) 2020-2021 46th Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by modrevolve, Sep 1, 2020.

1. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

what happened to Jason Sudeikis playing Biden?

MPLRecords, Dan C, darkmass and 2 others like this.
  2. agentalbert

agentalbert Forum Resident

I liked Sudeikis as Biden better than Woody Harrelson. But Jim Carrey taking it on is interesting. It doesn't seem like a natural match, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

3. OldSoul

OldSoul Shattered

He'd have to move back to NY.

4. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Active Member

As much of a slide as the show has been in, the remote episodes were all but unwatchable; cringe inducing. They desperately need new blood on that show...

5. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Active Member

Ratings killer.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Active Member

Yeah - it's on life support.

The only consistently funny cast member is Che, and he does next to nothing.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Shoes1916

Shoes1916 Active Member

I thought Harrelson was hilarious - that episode he hosted was by far the best of many past seasons.

Shawn and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident Thread Starter

9. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident Thread Starter

10. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I assume the only way they can do this is to have access to the same type of covid-19 testing that the sports teams are using. Otherwise I would think there would be some real consternation on the part of the cast and crew.

They may be able to have 25% capacity studio audience with a mask mandate? Cuomo has announced that indoor dining can resume on Sept 30 with 25% capacity.

11. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

You gotta be kidding... Kate McKinnon is outstanding all the time.

Jrr, Matthew Tate and Dan C like this.
  12. dirwuf

dirwuf Temporarily Misplaced Chicagoan

It should be interesting to see what they do for an opening credit sequence...the usual montage of the cast at busy NYC locales just won't look right this season.

And count me among those that loved the (at least the last couple of) "at home" episodes. They had the time to perfect performances and edit pieces, and weren't just trying to make a studio audience laugh...it felt like SCTV.

OldSoul likes this.
  13. OldSoul

OldSoul Shattered

I was talking about the montage in a Discord group. I really like this montage and don't particularly want to see it go, but it definitely could end up feeling weird. They could change the B-roll footage and just change the few cast shots that are in busy places. I'm afraid the alternative will be some bland picture montage.