Saturn/Media Markt

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by jimod99, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips? Thread Starter

It appears all the Saturn stores in Austria will be rebranded as Media Markts by 1st October.

Is this happening in other parts of Europe where both stores exist?

2. Worker

Worker Forum Resident

Where did you get that information?

3. jimod99

It was sent out in an email to Saturn card holders in Austria last weekend, there are also notices in stores.

One store I was in today, in Millenium city mall in Vienna, already has Media Markt signage inside and out the store, but my receipt for the CDs I purchased was marked Saturn.

4. jimod99

Confirmed, as from today all branches of Saturn in Austria are now Media Markts.

It will be interesting to see what happens in areas where there were branches of both in close proximity eg the Shopping City South complex just outside Vienna, which had a branch of both.

Worker likes this.
  5. BigBadBone

BigBadBone Active Member

Went to Saturn in Köln (Hansaring) last week and.....it was gone...Some kind of game centre now.... :-(

6. sinfony

sinfony Forum Resident

The brands have merged and in Austria they have decided to exclusively use the MediaMarkt name on all stores. In Germany, it is planned that the two brand names will continue to be used. There are plans to close a number of stores though as online competition has become too tough under the coronavirus restrictions.

7. Johnny Ryall

Johnny Ryall Forum Resident

Always thought they were the same thing with a different name :rolleyes:

8. D-Rex

D-Rex Senior Member

There has been a media market in Ried im Innkreis for a few years now, and because of the limited range of products, it never made me enthusiastic, and I also think the prices are overly expensive. Range is thin and mainstream. I prefer to buy exotics on Discogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.