“Saved by the Bell” reboot teaser (Peacock)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Aug 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Sounds very dodgy to me.

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Mario Lopez says he talked to DD on the phone. DD's friend Dan Block posted a video talking and the neck lump cancer. The agent is Minnesota based.

3. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Cable/streaming have tended to focus on shorter seasons than the usual 22 or whatever we tend to get from networks.

I just watched S2 of "Doom Patrol" on Blu-ray, and that was only 9 episodes.

So 10 episodes for 1 season of "SbtB" isn't crazy! :)

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

6. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Doesn't surprise me when one of the lead writers (Dashiell Driscoll) is someone who openly hated the original show. The guy also had a SBTB podcast, together with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, who played Zack Morris. Sounds awesome, right? Zack Morris himself giving his opinion on all those episodes and getting a peek behind the scenes. Well, the idea is awesome but the execution was a mess. Dashiell constantly apologized for the original SBTB. (This is is insensitive, you could never do this today etc)
    Mark-Paul meanwhile gave the impression he didn't want to be the on the podcast at all and he barely remembered anything from the tapings, even after rewatching the show. That is fine and all, and I don't blame Mark-Paul for that but it kinda defeats the purpose of the podcast in the first place. It just came across as very negative and I'm not surprised the podcast got cancelled after about 50 episodes.

Regarding the reboot itself...it was weird. It didn't know if it wanted to cater to the older fans or make new fans, something a lot of these reboot shows have trouble with. It lacked the charm of the original and felt weird, and not in a good way. It was cool to see some familiar faces again and the new cast was pretty good as well. The only one that seemed to stick out was Zack, who was portrayed like he was the subject of a cartoony SNL sketch. While Jessy and Slater felt believable, Zack was written like a one-dimensional character. No, the original SBTB wasn't Shakespeare but Zack had more to him than just scheming. The show also had heart, something this show lacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.