Saw an Entertainment blurb on CNN that a new Pink Panther movie is in the works.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by voicebug, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

I was watching CNN the other day and reading the short news blurbs on the bottom of the screen when one in particular caught my eye.

It said something like....'New Production of The Pink Panther to feature Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau. Hmmmmmm. That's realllllly interesting. I have always loved Steve Martin. If done right it could be really funny. BUT......I wonder what they'll do about the music? Use a fresh composer or resort to Henry Mancini's classic theme?

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Maybe they could cast an authentic French actor, like Gerard Deperdieu....

I wonder if they'll ever reissue the cartoon Pink Panther series on DVD? I used to love that as a kid....

Evan

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I'm of the opposite feeling: when I read about this last year, and found that Steve Martin was involved... :shake: His involvement is already a done deal. imdb.com has an entry for it, with more credits: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383216/fullcredits

As a Mancini fan and collector, I've already heard what a two-bit hack like Dave Grusin did to his music (he did a Mancini tribute CD). The PP theme will probably be set to some lame hip-hop beat, or really screwed up like the hack who rearranged the "Mission Impossible" theme and got rid of the 5/4 beat to it. :shake: Hate to be a pessimist about it, but every time something like this comes along, I'm usually disappointed.

Evan--I agree, those cartoons should be reissued to DVD. My kids like them, and the only thing we have it on is VHS...and I no longer hook up my VCRs anymore. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.