Schiit Mani vs Rega Fono Mini A2D

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WDeranged, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catchthecarp

catchthecarp Forum Resident

Interesting - I never knew this existed. What does an LPS do exactly?

2. WDeranged

WDeranged Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've noticed that my mid-range complaints are much reduced by increasing the volume. Having listened to over compressed music for the last 20 years I'm wondering if this is just a side effect of returning to a more natural sound. I often listen to music late at night so I can't crank it up.

3. mktracy

mktracy Forum Resident

@catchthecarp The Swagman LPS is a Linear power supply.Takes the place of the wall wort, give a cleaner power and help clean up any nastiness in power. I does improve the Mani beneficially.

4. Doc Diego

Doc Diego Forum Resident

I had an original Mani in my gym system and concur that it improves when cranked. Unfortunately it also picked up a local radio station that would be noticeable between tracks, . My son is now enjoying it in rural New Hampshire.

WDeranged and patient_ot like this.
  5. catchthecarp

catchthecarp Forum Resident

At first glance this seems like an upgrade worth considering. Thanks for the info, it's discovering little tweaks like this that keep me coming back here.

mktracy likes this.
  6. Jivy

Jivy Forum Resident

What Bill says about the Fono is spot on. As you mentioned, keep a tight hold on the purse strings. HiFi land can burn your wallet trying to cut corners just as fast as trying to constantly chase new gear. Find your happy medium, and most of all enjoy the music!

mktracy and WDeranged like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.