Schitt's Creek (comedy on CBC and Pop cable channel)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John B Good, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Schitt's Creek, Anne with an E take top honours at Canadian Screen Awards
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainme...p-honours-at-canadian-screen-awards-1.5078475
    [​IMG]
    Schitt's Creek, which includes cast members Annie Murphy, Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy (at microphone) and Catherine O'Hara, won best comedy series. O'Hara also won an award for her role on the show. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/csa19-broadcast-gala-1.5079051
    [​IMG]
    The cast of Schitt's Creek pose after winning best comedy series at the Canadian Screen Awards in Toronto on Sunday. (Chris Young/Canadian Press)

2. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

Which Norm McDonald and Will Ferrell stole for the Celebrity Jeopardy skits from SNL.

thgord likes this.
  3. tootull

4. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Late to the party on this. My wife and I just finished the second season on Netflix. The gal playing Alexis has excellent timing and physical comedy chops. We now constantly say “Oh my GOD” and “Ow Dayvid, Ow Dayvid!” We also call each other “Twy” a lot. I love that there is a character named “Mutt Schitt.”

pablo fanques, jon9091, Dan C and 2 others like this.
  5. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Marathon showing today. Premiere episode of the last season is next Tuesday.

6. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I eventually lost interest in Corner Gas, but the above still holds true for at least the first few seasons.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

Those hard T’s!!!

8. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Never watched it, but saw this today on youtube, making me think I should've been tuning in & it just may make me get it on DVD!
    The cast w/Jimmy Fallon "Know Your Schitt's Creek". - Wow, Dan Levy looks so much like his Dad!
    :):D:D:laugh::laugh:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  9. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

Oh, man...I have rarely laughed so hard. Definitely my favorite moment from season 3. My only criticism is that the scene was too short.

Meng and pablo fanques like this.
  10. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

Catherine O' Hara is genius on this show.

11. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

This show has been great from the start and it's so good to see it getting increasing recognition over the last few years. The father-and-son Levys are perfect, and O'Hara is putting on a comedic performance for the ages.

12. Someone In A Tree

Someone In A Tree Crow-flowers, nettles, daisies, and long purples

Maybe not audiophiles, but they are folk duo Mitch & Mickey. :laugh:

13. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Thanks for that clip. It reminded me how much I love "A Mighty Wind". I believe this clip wasn't in the
    film but it is on the DVD as an extra. At any rate, I'll be re-watching my DVD tonight thanks to you.....

14. sixtiesstereo

And I have to add this clip from "A Mighty Wind". It's the last song in the film, and it really
    is a remarkable performance. Looking at the entire cast on stage, and keeping in mind
    they really are, as Eugene Levy stated, doing their own singing, it really shows how amazing
    that entire cast is. Plus, Parker Posey is a real hoot...

pablo fanques likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

We now use the expression "Yum!" said in a hyperbolic sing-song manner as code for yuck.

16. sixtiesstereo

And for anyone that hasn't seen the film, here's one more of Eugene and Catherine
    singing to each other on stage. One of the highlights of the film (and Catherine looks
    really cute while doing this plus, she is a terrific singer on her solo).

17. pablo fanques

I got a big kick out of seeing Emily Hampshire pop up in that Tide commercial during the Super Bowl. I've become a big fan of hers thanks to this show. Can anyone here recommend 12 Monkeys? I hadn't heard much about the TV version but I'm thinking Emily may very well be worth the price of admission

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  18. sixtiesstereo

12 Monkeys was one of the best shows on TV during it's four season run, due in no small part to
    Emily Hampshire's over the top crazy (and I do mean crazy) performance as Jennifer Goines. If you're
    familiar with the original film. she was initially the female version of Brad Pitt's character, and was only
    supposed to be in a few episodes. But what she brought to the role was so incredible, the producers
    continued to build up her character until she became one of the main three characters, and the most
    popular fan favorite.
    I could go on and on, but yes, definitely watch the series. Here's a clip to give you an idea...

19. sixtiesstereo

And here's one of my favorite Emily Hampshire moments from season 4 of "Twelve Monkeys".
    They all travel back to 1940's Nazi occupied France, and Jennifer has to distract Hitler and the
    rest of the Nazi's. She gives sheet music to the musicians, and of course sings as only Jennifer can.
    And it's one of Emily's best moments of the series....

20. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Started season 2. Amusing show with very likable characters. Cept Chris Elliot. He's a comedy stop sign.

O'Hara and son Levy are especially good. The other two Roses are done well too.

It doesn't make me laugh out loud much but I enjoy the watch. It's like the US Office.

21. sixtiesstereo

Plus, I just stumbled on this clip from season one of "12 Monkeys" which gives you an idea
    of Emily Hampshire as "totally crazy" Jennifer Goines (in a mental hospital where James Cole
    meets her). Nothing like her laid back Stevie on "Schitt's Creek".

22. Dylanos

Dylanos Forum Resident

As a Canadian it's so embarrassing.

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I find it interesting that Elliott remains a consistent (and if you don’t like him, irritating and overused) presence in the show, yet he is rarely, if ever, included in any offscreen gathering of the cast, whether it be their touring show, their behind the scenes videos, their talk show appearances, or any of the other ways the Levys and the rest relentlessly promote the show. Is it just that he isn’t Canadian?

24. tootull

25. pablo fanques

As a result of this thread, I’ve been bingeing 12 Monkeys and was completely bowled over last night when Emily’s character Jennifer Goines quoted Peter Gabriel’s “Me I’m just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the by the way I walk” from ‘I Know What I Like’ in a scene set in 2016!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.