Scott Amplifier Hookup questions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by shucky ducky, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Howdy All, just got my 222D today, and had some questions about hooking it up. These might seem like a dumb questions, but I don't have the manual, and just wanted to be sure I do it right.

[​IMG]

This is actually the back of a Scott 299, the only difference between this and my 222D is the extra Mag input... the 222D only has the Mag low and a Mag high inputs.

Frist question has to do with speaker wire connections... I've got some 8ohm speakers, so I'm guessing the positive wire connects to the screw labeled '8' (red) and the negative connects to one of the screws on the right labeled '0'(white).

So would I connect one speaker to the top row (Channel A), and the other speaker to the bottom row (Channel B) ? Which channel is left, and which is right? ... and also does it matter which '0" (white) screw I hook into?

Second question, would my Music Hall turntable connect into the Mag high or the Mag low input?

Thanks all, and sorry for sounding like a numbskull. Hope ya'll enjoy your superbowl weekend!

~ David

2. Rivendell61

Rivendell61 New Member

David,
    I am a bit reluctant here because I do not know the 222D.
    For my 299, yes, the neg goes to 'O' and pos to whichever is right for your speaker. I was told the two '0's are identical.
    Does yours have the extra wire emerging from the chassis with a spade tip? 299's have that and it changes the way you wire them up. But they are often removed in a re-build.

A is left. B is right.

I'll check on the Mag High/Low....not sure which is which from memory.

Mark

3. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident Thread Starter

"Does yours have the extra wire emerging from the chassis with a spade tip?"

[​IMG]

Nope, the 222D doesn't have that.

Thanks for the wiring info, I'm looking forward to getting these tubes glowing! :thumbsup:

4. Rivendell61

Rivendell61 New Member

David,
    Just found this info:
    Mag Low 3mv-5mv
    Mag High 5mv-9mv

So depending on your cart specs....
    But I doubt many would want the High.

I hesitated before because when I looked at my amp I seem to have accidentally connected my TT (at 5am two night ago) to the High.
    And my Shure (3mv) was sounding fine.....
    Will plug in correctly later tonight and see what happens!

(Not sure what it is but you posted pics just show as boxes with a red 'x'--?)

Hope you like the amp!

Mark

5. NOSValves

NOSValves New Member

David,

Is this 222D stock original as far as you know ? If it is and your up for it I would be more then happy to give you a call and walk you through a few tests and bias the amp to insure that it is safe to run. You can either email me your number to [email protected] or call me at 810-287-6135 if your not comfortable giving out your number but let me know your calling through email first. I usually let things go to voice mail when I'm busy which is all the time ;)

A Vintage beauty like that is a terrible thing to waste !!

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.