Searching Floorstands for my Rega Brio-R

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by andres lira, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi, i want to upgrade my bookshelfs for floorstands. My system is set up for vinyl. I have a Rega RP3 turntable and a Rega Brio-R. My room is pretty big, abourt 48m2 (516 square foot). My budget is around $1,000 but bare in mind i live in Peru so the options here are usually more expensive than in the States or Europe. I´m narrowing my options between Q-Acoustics Q3050i, Dali Oberon 5, Elac Debut 2.0 F6.2 and although they are a bit more expensive the Triangle Borea BR08. I will really appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

2. Tajo1960

Tajo1960 Tajo = tayo (tata, dad ~ in slang)

Consider Klipsch. Your room is big, and the amp isn't exactly Goliath! Klipsch has a high sensitivity and you can get enough good sound in your space.
    I have had 1 pair of Klipsch RP-280F for 1 year. I was very pleased. They played very well.
    RP-280FA Dolby Atmos® Enabled Floorstanding Speaker | Klipsch
    They gave a lot of good sound for the money invested. Today, 280 are sold from old stocks that are unsold. Great choice.
    https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-280F-Floorstanding-Speaker-Ebony/dp/B00S2N4E1I

Or look at the newer model RP-8000F.
    https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-8000f-floorstanding-speaker

andres lira likes this.
  3. Tajo1960

My apologies. I put the wrong link.
    Not needed for the 280FA, but for the 280F :)
    RP-280F Floorstanding Speaker | Klipsch

4. andres lira

The only Klipschs available in my city (within my budget) are the RP4000F and the RP5000F. Do you recommend those? Honestly they aren’t as good looking as some of the ones i mentioned but if the performance is better then i have to consider them

5. Tajo1960

No, I'm sorry, but I can't recommend these models. I never saw or heard them. That doesn’t mean they’re bad, but I can’t recommend them. I don't know anything about them.

One friend of mine now has an RP-8000F and is very pleased. Another friend has a Klipsch RF-7III. It’s a model far beyond your interest, but it’s an extraordinarily good speaker.

The link for the 280F model on Amazon says that 1 piece of speakers is $ 399. Try to see how much the bass would cost to transport to Peru. Maybe 2 pieces of RP-280F + transport speakers fit into your $ 1,000 financial construction. Try the calculation.

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RP-280F-Floorstanding-Speaker-Ebony/dp/B00S2N4E1I

andres lira likes this.
  6. Pmds55889397

Pmds55889397 Forum Resident

Your sorted if you can source some Rega Ela or RS3/RX3.
    They need to be in a smaller room near wall, maybe divide your room with furniture for records and play the shortest length.
    Other options, good amp match are Vintage Heybrooks HB1, or Royds, all UK classics, maybe someone will ship to you ?

andres lira likes this.
  7. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Get a pair of powered subwoofers. You'll have a true stereo, bi-amplified system. It will be adjustable to optimize the bass performance in your room. You might move to 6 1/2" driver monitors later for more dynamics on the mid and upper frequencies.
    -Bill

andres lira likes this.
  8. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

I got the Dali 5s recently, could only demo these and q Acoustics 3050is, I liked the QAs but the Dali's have a more refined sound, better detail, bass is tighter too, am really enjoying them, they are 200 euros more than the QA's here though.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  9. andres lira

Last weekend i got the chance to try the Dali 5, Dali 7s, some Elacs and other brand i can't even remember because the Dali 7s blew the competition away. Thats $350 more than i am willing to spend but in the end i think i will do the effort.

Tajo1960 and Technocentral like this.
  10. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Go for it! My space is small so the 5s are perfect for it.

andres lira likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.