Seattle's Best Record Shop for Collectors?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by StevenC, May 21, 2019.

1. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

John's son has taken over the Lake City show.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  2. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Active Member

Not familiar with John, and there are so many great record shops and shows here in seattle ive never travelled for one. There’s a record show in Lake City at the end of the month I’m looking forward to. I want to the last one and scored some great stuff. Was probably about 2 dozen vendors, walked away with great deals m, the highlight of which was a minty I Robot original Japanese press for $15.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  3. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

Thanks for the info!

4. ROFLnaked

ROFLnaked Forum Resident

A friend of mine used to work at Second Time Around on University Way; he would charge me $1 for King label & Bo Diddley LPs. Long-closed.

There was also a pretty good store next to Dick's Burgers in Wallingford.

Is the Bop Street guy still there?

5. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Active Member

Yes. I have no idea how that place is still in business. It makes no sense to me, it must lose money. The records are stacked so high you can't even see or access 70% of the inventory. The prices are also absolutely ludicrous. You'll find very common records that typically sell for $10 in vg+ condition, except they're beat to hell and have $25 stickers on them. I've popped in several times since I live very close, and I've always left empty-handed and confused.