Seven or Se7en?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Downsampled, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I'm not a lawyer or agent, but I know that there's a certain legality to the way credits appear in printed posters and such. The credits for SEVEN appear like this on my DVD:

[​IMG]

The word in the title appears as "SEVEN" everywhere on this DVD package - front cover, spine, DVD face, proof of purchase, hype-quote from NBC-TV. I believe the title should be spelled out as SEVEN. The one with a numeral in it is a stylized version that has also appeared in advertising, and because people thought it to be clever, have repeated it, virtually making it official. My 2wo ¢ents.

Ghostworld and Downsampled like this.
  2. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member Thread Starter

This actually aligns with my (somewhat unsatisfying) conclusion that the title was “Seven” to the writers and during the initial production, but was graphically depicted as “Se7en” in the artwork from the start. There’s a fair argument that this means that the title is, to the public, “Se7en”. But to me it’s just a novel presentation of the original title, “Seven,” kinda like how one might design a poster with one letter of the title backwards or upside down.

Ghostworld likes this.
  3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Somewhere I have a copy of the original script. I swear to God I put JPEG’s up here. I was telling my tale about auditioning for John Doe

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I remember where those pages are. I’ll dig them out later.

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I think I'm the only person who was thumbs-down about this movie. I just don't buy into the self-controlled serial killer thing. It was done well once with SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Ghostworld likes this.
  6. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Se-seven-en.

7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Se7enth Son of a Se7enth Son

8. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

[​IMG]
    It contains Marsellus Wallace's soul, obviously.

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Found it — a copy of Finchers script. This is the script we went into production with so that was that.

Downsampled and PH416156 like this.
  10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

You worked on the film? Not going to ask you details- but congrats anyway, even if twentySe7en years later.

Ghostworld and Downsampled like this.
  11. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

SEVEN it is.

My favorite line in the film is when R. Lee Ermey’s character wakes up Pitt and Freeman with “Wake up Glimmer Twins!”

Ghostworld likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.