Sex and the City finale

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by giraffetoe, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giraffetoe

giraffetoe New Member Thread Starter

What did you Sex and the City fans think of the big finale?

Who is your favorite?

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Oh hell...I'll bite. Let me say that I watch(ed) the show and loved the show. For me it's really strange because I watch zero TV shows. For real. I watch movies, sports and the news and that's it unless I am working out in front of a TV set. The only other thing I have ever watched where it was a week to week thing was "Band of Brothers" and I loved that too. I never even saw "Roots". Watched "The Sopranos" once and it did nothing for me. For me it was "Good Fellas" light. :shh: (I do admit that I have called "Sex..." "Friends With Cigarettes" before...)

Anyway I thought it was an excellent finale last night. The put each character in a realistic place and gave each some hope and some challanges (and yes, probably a shot at some time on big screen too) and yet I didn't think they tied everything up in pretty little ribbons which would have been such and shame for a edgy show. Frankly I haven't been so sorry to say goodbye to characters since I watched the last "Lord of The Rings" film.

Cheers-
    Norm

Almost forgot...my favorite is Charlotte. Any beautiful, rich waspy girl who would convert to Judiasm to marry her bald lawyer is OK with me.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I thought it was a nice ending. Carrie should end up with John (Mr. Big).

You gotta love that Samantha though. Could that character screw or what? Right to the end.

Plus in real life Kim Cattrall was married to Audio God Mark Levinson.

4. giraffetoe

Thanks for your reply!

My favorite is Samantha (with the others all close behind). I find her most inspirational! :cheers:

I know there are a lot of male forum members out there -and I know that Sex and the City is especially popular with women - but I know quite a few male closeted 'sex' lovers who I thought might enjoy a chance to give their opinion.

Thank you for reading!

5. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I only caught on to the show in the last year or so. My wife and I have been catching up renting the DVDs. I missed the finale, but my wife enjoyed it. I'll wait for the repeat, and my wife promised that she wouldn't spoil it for me. Like Norm, I watch almost zero TV, but I liked watching most of the episodes. A few shows even had some nice "scenery" ;)

6. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

The finale was excellent! Great show; I'm glad it went out while it was still on top.

I think I'm in love with Charlotte (Kristin Davis). What a good girl! A total fox, and she makes me crack up. Well, she's more than a fox...she's beautiful. A little Jackie O in there too.

7. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Miranda and Charlotte are my favorites. Everything seemed a little too pat for me Sunday night. Big deserved a little more scrutiny after treating Carrie so badly over the years.

8. Ere

Ere Senior Member

It was a bit too "happily ever after" IMO. Everyone's storyline wrapped up just in time for the episode to clock out at the appointed time. The most intriguing storyline to me was Miranda and Steve's realization that his Mom's mental faculties were going, and their loving actions that followed.

9. GabeG

GabeG New Member

Only in his own mind.

10. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

OK, While it was a good show, not the best I've seen better. While the story wrapped up with the right storyline, getting there, dragged out WAY too long. and wrapped up WAY too fast. Within the last five minutes, everyone ad a happy ending.

Could have been better for a "Series Finale"

11. giraffetoe

Definitely too happily ever after . And a lot of random walking around.

I heard that there is a movie in the works. . .

I'd pay $10 to see it!

12. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

They are in negotiations now. Looks like it may happen!

13. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Man, that Anne Meara is a terrific actress, isn't she?

14. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

Norm,
    Her best line was when they failed to get the baby from NC: "It's O.K., honey. We Jews have been through so much - we can deal with this." (or to that effect). And she said it so sincerely. :righton: . Of all the peripheral characters, Charlotte's husband was definitely my favourite.

It's funny up here in Canada. The finale is not being shown until March 26, so they've told people to avoid watching US TV this week discussing the final outcomes. Thanks to my trusty DirecTV, I don't have to wait until the end of March (and I watched it commercial-free, unlike the way it's broadcast up here).

Cliff

15. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

I liked this show, sorry to see it go. Intelligent, witty, and frank, fun talk about sex. One of the best scripted shows on t.v. in quite a while.

My prediction for the finale was Carrie would dump the Russian, and walk away from Big, too. And decide that it was OK to still be single.

I might read the book now, curious.

16. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

This morning, Sara Jessica was interviewed by Katie Couric (thus putting 2 of my fantasies in the same room), and she revealed what was in the other 2 endings they shot.
    #1: She is back at lunch with the girls & tells them that Petrovsky will be coming to the USA to marry her & live here, and that she wanted all 3 girls to be her maid of honor.
    #2: Carrie comes back, but just remains a single girl in The City.

I'm glad they ended it like they did, but the alternates & the 2 part retrospective had better be in the DVD set!

17. Ere

Ere Senior Member

She was great in this cameo, interesting how comedians often can be excellent at drama. I also like Jerry Stiller a lot, and find son Ben pretty funny in some of his stuff. Starsky and Hutch looks like it might be a hoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.