Sex Education Season 3 now on Netflix.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John Buchanan, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma Thread Starter

This whole series I simply love - an absolute must watch. Sterling performances by all the cast, including, surprisingly, Gillian Anderson, who really seems to revel in her role as the psychologist.
    I hope there are many others who also already/will enjoy this series.

JDeanB, Bingo Bongo and LeBon Bush like this.
  2. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I started this series, not sure if I only watched one episode and forgot about it or what. So much content these days. Will keep it in mind.

3. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I love the series too, though season 3 had much more aspects that were unbelievable about it than the previous two seasons. It was still very enjoyable and compelling, just a tad disappointing in some of the writing this time around.

4. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Love the series too! Some scenes in the latest seawon, however, felt weirldy out of character. Very much looking forward to season 4, as I finished the 3rd in less than three days :sigh:

5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Am on episode 7 of this. It’s been far less enjoyable and far more annoying this time around. Really poor attempts at humour. To be honest, Benny Hill and the Carry On! team did this sort of thing better.:D The ‘sh!t sock’’ scene in episode 5 was absolutely pathetic.

You know a series is on the skids when you start hating all the characters. Otis is particularly loathsome this time around, and Gillian Anderson’s fake Margaret Thatcher accent is driving me up the wall.

Sex Education has never been based in the real world, but the writing and situations this time are so bad, it’s really jarring.

Aside from the kids all being comically old, there’s absolutely no need for a 4th season of this show.

6. John Buchanan

Each to his own.

Canadacrowe likes this.
  7. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

You can always stop watching it.

I've just seen the first episode of S3 so far, but I quite enjoyed all of S1 + S2. I'll watch the rest in time.

8. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

We're in about 3 episodes, and I'm not finding it as good as the previous 2 seasons so far.

9. Bobby Morrow

It gets worse as it goes on. Particularly from episode 5.

johnod likes this.
  10. John Buchanan

Don't listen to the naysayers - watch with an open mind. It's a great series.

11. Bobby Morrow

Every time Gillian Anderson says ‘Yakob’, I want to throw a brick at the TV. I know that’s his name and that’s how you pronounce it, but it’s just her…

The good news is I should finish series 3 off later. The final episode hasn’t been too bad, as it’s trying to wrap things up and isn’t attempting to be funny or ‘woke’.

But is there a couple in TV history with less screen chemistry that Otis and Maeve? You just know they’d never even speak to each other in real life.:D

12. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

I only just saw the first 3 episodes of season 1, and it really confused me. Was this England? An English secondary school that looks and acts like an American High School, where students can wear a short skirt and fishnet tights(Maeve), and act crazy on the grounds. And Maeve getting full general anesthesia for a very early term abortion. Do they put you to sleep for that more often in Britain? It doesn't make it clear if she even asked for it("Is this supposed to knock me out?"she asks). I did learn that the creator intended for the series' England to look like America, both as a tribute to 80s US sex comedies and to make the series marketable in the US. I wonder what Mrs. Whitehouse would have said?

13. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Aren’t some of those “teenagers” nearly 30 by now?

14. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

I'm loathe to watch this 3rd series only because they've used one of my most hated tropes; that of a person not getting a message they should have and the "misunderstandings" that follow. Especially when the bad actor is a rival in a love rivalry. Just ugh! A shame because I really liked the first two. Now if someone comes along telling me this misunderstanding is "quickly" rectified (quickly as in the first episode of the series), then I might give it a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.