Sexual innuendoes on 1960s TV shows

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Joel1963, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member Thread Starter

From the same episode:
    Batman puts Batgirl to sleep as they leave the Batcave.
    Robin: You know Batman, she looks very pretty when she's asleep.
    Batman: That indicates the first oncoming thrust of manhood, old chum.

wayne66 and alexpop like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I don't think it really happened -- with Zsa Zsa or Eva or anybody else. I think it's a very funny joke that sounds so real, people have created the moment in their minds. The reality is that NBC was very, very strict about risque humor in the 1960s, and a line that wild just wouldn't make it to air. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and just got cut out of the show before air, but either way, Carson Enterprises doesn't have the clip and neither does NBC, and there's no hard evidence that it happens (audio recordings, video recordings, or photos).

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/zsazsa.asp

wayne66 likes this.
  3. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Well there was the episode of "Let's Make a Deal" where Monty Hall was doing one of his quickie deals at the end of the show, and came across a woman carrying a baby bottle as part of her costume. Noticing that the bottle had a removable top, he had one of those moments where he later admitted that his mouth worked faster than his mind-- he offered the woman $100.00 if she could show him another nipple. Thankfully, for the continued longevity of the show, she didn't... but after everyone (including Monty) realized what had been said, the barely-controlled laughter by all involved ensured that was the bit of business that got done on that episode.

And how that actually got broadcast, I'll never be able to figure out...

- Kevin

OldSoul likes this.
  4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/515a35ad2b8c2a10cf00049b

5. GinGin

GinGin Forum Resident

I was kind of surprised at the end of the I Dream of Jeannie episode "Jeannie, the Governor's Wife" from season 4.

Jeannie's involved Tony in a run for governor against his will. At the end, Tony makes out that he was looking forward to becoming governor after finding out from Jeannie's future machine that he'd marry a beautiful woman.

Roger: "Well, now that that's over, let's get back to the campaign."
    Jeannie: "Oh no, Major Healey, I'm not going to let Major Nelson become governor!" [She turns to Tony:] "Can you forgive me?"
    Tony: "I don't know, Jeannie. I kind of had my heart set on becoming governor."
    Jeannie: "Oh dear. What can I do to make it up to you?"
    Tony laughs and says: "I'll think of something."
    They embrace and kiss.
    Roger: "Well, you know what they say about politics!"

6. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

There's a Looney Toons cartoon where Charlie the Dog gets his ass lit on fire, and he drags it around the room, trying to extinguish the flames. For a brief moment, he pauses and looks at the camera, and says, "Hey! I'd better stop this! I'm starting to like it!"

krock2009, soundboy and OldSoul like this.
  7. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

That is a clip I would like to see. Are you sure that isn't an urban legend?

8. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

That would be "An Itch in Time" (a Bob Clampett short) - Elmer Fudd's pooch gets a flea, is told "No scwatching" - you can figure out the rest:

"Hey - I better cut this out - I may get to like it!"

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

----------------------
    Sargent York....say it ain't so, Joe.

10. Joel1963

Pretty heavy one on the Batman series Blu-ray;

Catwoman to henchman: Before you leave, you can brush my ***** willows, and don't go against the fur...

11. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Which episode is that in?

12. Joel1963

Season 1, Blu-ray Disc 2, The Purr-Fect crime, Catwoman's first episode.

It's at 16:32 of that episode. I wonder if it was kept in syndication.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    OldSoul and MLutthans like this.
  13. Joel1963

Just saw another Batman one in That Darn Catwoman, Season 2, 1:34:
    Robin to guest star Lesley Gore: That's a funny looking outfit you're wearing.
    Gore: I could say the same for you
    (she then looks down at Robin's crotch area)
    ...big boy."
    (She then winks.)

stereoptic likes this.
  14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It from the movies, but this is my favorite "innuendo."

15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

The first few episodes of Happy Days (with the long lost brother, Chuck) has the Cunningham's setting around the dinner table. There are a bunch of innuendos between the mom and dad. Stuff about the mailman and everything.

16. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I watched Soupy Sales religiously as a kid, and I remember a few dirty or risqué lines. Like the "What letter is this?" bit, where in the payoff, Soupy says to White Fang "So how come every time I see F, you see K."

This one I think I remember, but maybe it was implanted by urban myth years ago, as I've been telling it since the 70's. Soupy says "My girlfriend Peaches can't bake an apple pie, but she sure can make my banana cream!"

17. sgb

sgb Senior Member

And the one I remember, What word starts with F and ends with CK? Why, Firetruck, of course.

18. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Sorry to create a disturbance in yor mind, Jerry:
    http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/soupyjokes.asp

krock2009 likes this.
  19. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Your link doesn't work, Donald.

20. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Your link does work, Donald. I just realized from reading that Snopes article that I've been punked by my own brain.

One thing that I know is true is that Soupy used to go to the back door and have various conversations, often ending in him getting hit with a pie. I heard him tell the story that during one bit, he went to the back door and unseen to the audience was a totally nude woman. I recall seeing him interviewed and he told the story that it was his birthday and the crew hired a stripper to surprise him on air.

wayne66 likes this.
  21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

That one is true. There is a backstage 'censored' picture somewhere (or did I make that up? :) )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  22. sgb

sgb Senior Member

The link was not working 23 minutes ago. You can see a video including the nude woman (obscured for obvious reasons) if you look for it on YouTube.

23. Joel1963

And here it is:

stereoptic likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The big catch-phrase was, "Howard... are you getting frisky?"

goodiesguy, OldSoul and Holy Diver like this.
  25. antoniod

antoniod Forum Resident

The "F, you see K" line was also attributed to British comedian Frank Randle. Now on LAUGH-IN, Judy Carne suddenly loses all her hair, and says:"I've never been bald before!" No wonder my parents wouldn't let me watch it at first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.