"Sgt. Pepper" coming in 2017!! (Sorry, the movie on blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jupiter8, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just think of the resources being wasted on manufacturing copies of this. If one must have a copy, well, this is what non-physical formats were made for.

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. I remember when a new record store opened up in my hometown circa 1980-81, on opening day they gave away a copy of this album (with a cut corner, natch) with every purchase.

jupiter8 likes this.
  3. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident Thread Starter

How long did they stay in business?

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Until the early '90s, when the nationwide chain it was part of - A&A Records - went under.

5. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Through my FF watch of the film, The Bee Gees are obviously fantastic and can handle
    anything that is thrown at them. They obviously know the material and can do decent
    copies of the classic tracks. It would be good to have the multi tracks to remix and
    emphasise how great they (and Peter) really cover some of these tracks, I don't think the movie
    does justice to the quality of the recordings that were made.

Hadean75, Jarleboy and Simon A like this.
  6. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

I agree with you - partly. I think Robin´s "OH, DARLING" is great, and the Bee Gees harmonies on "NOWHERE MAN" are great. "A DAY IN THE LIFE" is well served by Barry, as is "CARRY THAT WEIGHT". George Martin´s production is a bit soft, though.

jupiter8, Rick Bartlett and Hadean75 like this.
  7. Taxee

Taxee Forum Resident

I watched this when it first came out on either HBO or Showtime with a good friend and his wife who adored The Bee Gees. When it was over she asked me what did I think and I said it was the 2nd best movie I had ever seen. When she asked what was better I said every other movie I’ve seen is tied for 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.