Sgt Pepper Not Voted Best Album Shock!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by richierichie, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

If anything, this thread reminded me I wanted to check out Television, and so far Marquee Moon is as good as they say :righton:

Brian Lux likes this.
  2. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Trout Mask stands alone. It belongs in a parallel universe. Dare I say, a more interesting parallel universe?

Brian Lux, Scope J and Crimson Witch like this.
  3. fairies

fairies Forum Resident

There is one number 1 ALLMAN BROTHERS FILLMORE

4. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

I don't have a problem with that!

fairies likes this.
  5. Jupitermadcat

Jupitermadcat Forum Resident

Abbey Road best Beatles album inmo.

tinnox and CraigBic like this.
  6. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

That would be the White Album IMO

Holy Diver likes this.
  7. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

No The La's?? (quote and edit for your own favourite album that isn't one the obvious, tried and tested!)

I like Revolver better than Pepper myself...

8. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

to me the only surprise is Exile being in the top ten, the stones have made at least four better albums than that imho, its the Stones White Album ( which also gets overpraised by many imho ).

As for Pepper, it probably deserves better but i think the one two as they stand are right but Pepper remains the most important album in the history of popular music regardless of its ranking in any poll, its problem is is that it will be forever viewed as the pinnacle of one very unique year and of the blind but wonderful avenue that was psychedelia.

Oh and Yes in front of LZ IV ?? now that was a shock, and nothing after 1991 ?? ... a tad harsh on Oasis Blur Nirvana Radiohead Amy Winehouse et all but it shows the demographics of this forum lol !!

9. Newton John

Newton John Forum Resident

This poll tells me that we really need to get out more.

Surely, we don't believe that all the great albums were made in the late sixties and early seventies. Are we stuck in some kind of white male musical time warp?

10. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

The Monkees (a television show for pity's sake :cry:) made it onto the list
    .........And no Kinks, Paul Simon, REM, U2, Tom Petty, Santana, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Radiohead, The Police, Joni Mitchell, Genesis.

muffmasterh likes this.
  11. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

actually i do think most of the best albums and music comes from the period 65-72, that having being said there are many notable exceptions but imho most polls would probably contain 70 percent or so of albums from that period, however i would agree that to have 100 percent is just plain silly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.